1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Man Based Global Warming....

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by dbermanmd, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radioprius1

radioprius1 Climate Conspirisist

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't think you understand the koolaid joke. AGW people drink the koolaid - that is, the potion of gullibility and delusion. People who don't accept shaky evidence are acting in a logical manner. It's logical to not accept shaky, poor, deceitful science. It's not logical to accept shaky, poor, deceitful science.

A hunch. That's great science!

2. bighouse

bighouse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yeah, I'm not 100% certain of anything in life. I'm open to discussion and serendipideous discovery and work mostly off of hunches.

3. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    CFLs for a buck? Multipacks from Costco, Walmart, and some other bigbox stores. But locally, they have some program arrangements with the area utilities.

I began using CFLs back when they still cost $15, and bright blue and white LEDs were found only in the development labs, not in the consumer market. Some brands of CFLs were awful, but others are very good, and have lasted many times longer than their standard-life incandescent predecessors.

Life expectancy of incandescents is usually not a quality issue, but a life vs. efficiency tradoff. Long life units are normally useful only where the labor cost of replacement exceeds the energy cost to run them.

CFLs are the current best technology, LEDs are the next wave. Their time is not quite here yet, but approaching fast. You are an early adopter, as some of us were with CFLs 10-15 years ago.

4. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    This sounds very nice. Icarus is saving the world!

The now wholly discredited AGW theory leads some to believe that we must immediately DO SOMETHING.

That SOMETHING is to tax anything that emits CO2.

In the U.S. this will amount to killing the economy in the name of saving the world.

Does it matter that this tax will have ZERO effect on world CO2 levels as China and India continue to grow their economies? Not to Icarus - he's saving the world!

He and the other AGWers, socislists, and assorted miscreants are the same guys who will champion the Tax and Cap bills, nationalized health care - anything to let government run their lives so they don't have to think or fend for themselves.

Ironically, the outcome will be that that their children and their children will be enslaved by the government debt that their grandparents championed into existence. The government will tax every cent that these futture generations produce rendering them SLAVES.

If you are taxed 100% you are a slave. All the money goes to the state and it doles out services from a bloated beauracracy to the people running the show. We've seen it all before - take a peek at the former Soviet Union, that darling of all leftists.

But Icarus and you others others of like mind (you know who you are) who have no appreciation of history or the ability to look into the future (in addition to economic illiteracy) are saving the world.

Congratulations!

1 person likes this.
  5. higuys

higuys New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I shop costco regularly I have yet to see cheap multipacks of CFL's last ones I saw there average to about 4 dollars per bulb and had a life expectancy of about 6 months in the real world.

Again as I said I cant even get quality CFL's for a buck and I buy product from a wholesale distributor in massive quantities. Sure i can get cheapo's for that. But I got sick of customers complaining because they were replacing bulbs monthly:mad:

I have peple with LED bulbs that are repeat customers still using the same bulbs I installed 2-3 years ago.

6. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  7. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Dave/Quad/whaterver-your-troll-name-is-today,

Just another of your MANY lies. Puts you in appropriate company with radioprius!

Haven't lived with my parents in 24 years.

8. higuys

higuys New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I dont know who Dave/Quad is or why a couple of you keep referring to me as him?

However this post in your flush counter thread is what led me to believe you lived with your parents. If you were someone else would that not lead you to a similar conclusion?

9. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I feel sorry for the clients of your electrical business then. I've been using CFL's for ~5 years now and still have the majority of the original bulbs. There were early failures back then (replaced under warranty.) I've learned to avoid GE's. In the past two years I've had exactly two failures. (Both of those were old GE's that were never very good to begin with.) I like not having to change light bulbs anymore. I've even got CFL's in my garage door openers and range vent hood.

I use the Home Depot store brand CFL's that cost about $1.50/bulb (in the multipacks.) I imagine I could get them cheaper in bulk.

If you are buying from Costco there is a large part of your problem. My understanding is that they sell Feit's, which have had lots of reliability issues among other problems.

By my estimate CFL conversion, and a couple of LED's has reduced my electrical consumption by over 2,000 kwh annually in this home. (Monthly electricity use confirms it.)

10. Celtic Blue

Celtic Blue New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Perhaps because you repeat what he says, appeared after each of the other trolls was closed, all come from WI, and all have the exact same birthdate (including year)?

Plus you lie just like him.

You originally posted that as quad. Keep your stories straight!

No, it would not have led me to the same conclusion. Then again, what should I expect from an electrician who can't properly install a light bulb?

11. higuys

higuys New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I dont buy bulbs from costco never said I did. Your reading comprehesion skills are very lacking Shawn. The costco post was in regards to another poster stating he bought there.

Youshould switch entirely to LED bulbs by my and my customers results over the last 2 years your savings would be double or more than the CFL's

12. radioprius1

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There has to be some kind of rule that if you're in your 40s and still live with your parents (and count their flushes) that your opinion automatically does not count.

13. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
  14. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Say, this couldn't be 'You Know Who' in his parent's home, could it? That's waaaaaaay too much tp you're using there. Cheryl Crowe will come after you!

Attached Files:

15. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So far I've installed only a couple from the Costco multipack, in a low usage fixture. My older more expensive CFLs fail so infrequently that the rest haven't been needed yet. Many are 3-5 years old, and probably two from the 20th century are still running, though not as bright as when new.

16. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

This is not innuendo; read the e-mails yourself instead of hiding and pretending. Let him who has eyes see. Hey, it's difficult to admit you've been wrong, but not to do so is to betray your own honesty.

...CRU scholar Timothy J. Osborn explicitly describes how data can be reconfigured so that evidence of an apparent cooling period disappears. His colleague Tom Wigley discusses recasting the data on sea-surface temperatures so that the results seem considerably warmer but also scientifically plausible. The director of CRU, Phil Jones, brags about his use of eminent climatologist Michael Mann’s “Nature trick†which deliberately confuses scientific data to “hide the decline†in current temperatures...

17. radioprius1

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    This gets better and better, and the delusionists are silent.

18. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    In an ironic twist of fate, the warmers have now become the deniers.

19. guinness_fr

guinness_fr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Why don't you guys just go ahead and open another thread to discuss about intelligent design vs the Darwin theory?
    I promise we'll let you guys in peace over there :rolleyes:

20. ufourya

ufourya We the People

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Because there wouldn't be enough brainpower to intelligently design a response to a carefully posed question. I've invited people to do this very thing and they declined.

Meanwhile:

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.