1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

man, the C is a tiny car

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by priustexasbob, Dec 21, 2016.

1. priustexasbob

priustexasbob Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I didn't think of the C being a tiny car until I parked my work truck next to it, a Chevy 2500 super cab with the four full size doors and utility bed. then I thought my C looks like those tiny little cars the Shriners used to ride parades in. But it does not deter me nor do I see it as unsafe, I love my C.

skayaks and bisco like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    or maybe it makes your truck look like one of this uge excavation haulers.:p

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. rhodeislandhntr

rhodeislandhntr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I know what you mean, I just traded in a 2015 crew cab silverado 4x4 for my c, love that I can park anywhere but also lost my car in the parking lot last night because it was on the side of a honda pilot. I felt so stupid in front of the wife, lol.

priustexasbob likes this.
  4. Rmay635703

Rmay635703 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess I prefer the gen i insight or Subaru 360 (I love small cars)

5. Sean Nelson

Sean Nelson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    I love the size of the Prius C. The regular Prius would take up too much room in my garage, and it wouldn't turn on a dime or fit into tight spaces the way my "C" does.

It does take getting used to, though. Way, way back when I owned a VW Rabbit I went on a trip and drove a rental Lincoln Town Car for a couple of weeks. That thing was a real land yacht with a flat hood that seemed to go on forever. I looked under that hood and there was literally a foot and a half of empty space between the radiator and the front grille - it was big simply for the sake of being big. When I returned and got behind the wheel of my Rabbit with it's short and sharply sloping hood it made me feel very vulnerable until I drove it around for a few days.

6. I know, I downsized from a 4x4... so when I park between two giant pick-up trucks and their windows are above the top of my hybrid, I just wonder what their reaction would be when they come back :p

ShenmueTacos likes this.
  7. Triss

Triss New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Coming from an old 2007 Accent, I am used to small cars, but the C is actually about 3 inches shorter! I don't think about it too much until I park, especially next to other cars. I keep forgetting that the front end is so much shorter so instead of the large gap in the rear, I now have the opposite problem. ;)

Had my first passenger recently, and she was surprised that it felt bigger on the inside. Think I might call my car a Tardis (Dr. Who reference). ;)

I have a really small one car enclosed garage, so majority of cars won't be able to fit. But the size of the C rocks when I park in various parking garages and slots. This is especially true at work and places like Costco as they make room for family vehicles and SUVs. My C is slimmer and can pop in and out.

#7 Triss, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
    priustexasbob likes this.
  8. InPriusLove

InPriusLove Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I did not think of it that way until I had to look for something inside and ran out of places to look very quickly.

As for being safe, it is better than most.

9. Got2bHam

Got2bHam Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Our C looks tiny next to our 4Runner! They're pretty spacious on the inside despite their tight packaging. Way roomier than our 2012 RAV4

10. rhodeislandhntr

rhodeislandhntr Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Your right about size versus space, pit mine to the test tonight. I fit a 4 burner thermos grill with side shelves, in the box of course, a car seat, propane tank and 2 bags of groceries in mine. The wife was pretty impressed. When she bought the grill without me knowing she said at check out, I forgot you don't have a truck anymore, how are we going to get it home. Backseat down and in it went.lol

PointCounterPt likes this.