1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Manchester bleeds

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, May 23, 2017.

1. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Fixed it for you.
    It depends on who is doing the counting. The old FBI definition of mass murder required four deaths. This was for any mass murder, regardless of means. More recently, Congress changed it to three deaths.

Some of the 'mass shooting (only)' affinity sites also use three, but count injuries too. Most gunshot injuries are not fatal, so this greatly swells the incident count. Some count the shooter too, if he either commits suicide or gets killed.

It seems that a few mixed-weapon cases have counted all casualties towards the 'mass shooting' toll too, including those that were not GSWs.
    I seem to remember some similar actions here in the U.S., either lack of prayers or cemeteries accepting burials only if they remained unnamed. But certain parties, even at the very highest level (e.g. Our Dear Leader) don't give them any credit for these denunciations.

#61 fuzzy1, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Haha! Yes, good point.

Yes. The numbers I look for tend to stick to four or more, by guns. However you count "mass shootings", though, the numbers do put "terrorism" in the US and Europe into perspective.

Yes. On the alt-right cesspit that is the website for owners of my current car (@friendly_jacek , there's a reason I stay on this civilised site even though I've sold my Prius), there's a thread called "So where is the silent Muslim majority?" It's been running for years. And it never, ever acknowledges the regular and vociferous condemnations. Also, those people seem to be the silent alt-right majority when it comes to people like the Portland a--hole and the Charleston a--hole.

3. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    bwilson4web and fuzzy1 like this.
  4. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ... just like a group of coworkers where I played substitute at a few softball games. The number one rule of fielding was, don't spill your beer!

This guy is holding up under vastly more difficulty.

hkmb likes this.
  5. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    He did claim all that public land was free for him to use, if not claim it as his himself.

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that is a point of honor here at baseball games, while catching a fly ball in the stands. spilling beer on your neighbor isn't good form.

fuzzy1 and hkmb like this.
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    attack on a policeman in paris, my daughter is 15 minutes away. i told my wife, relax, she might as well be 15 lightyears.

8. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Indeed. I wouldn't worry - it was just some a--hole with a hammer.

9. hkmb

hkmb Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thought I'd stick this on what seems to be becoming a more general terrorism / a--holes thread, although I'll concede that it does create a risk of a move to purgatory....

Iranian military blames Saudis after 12 killed in Tehran terrorist attack | World news | The Guardian

Once again (like Manchester and London), it's somewhere I know: I've walked around parliament and driven past the Khomeini shrine.

I can see where the Revolutionary Guard is coming from here. IS have claimed responsibility, obviously, because it is a thing: IS would claim responsibility for that cat that pushed the other cat down the ladder in that video.

But the timing is really suspicious. This has happened within a couple of days of the Saudis launching their new offensive, blockading Qatar and working to reassert regional authority and shut down any attempts by Iran to challenge it. And within a couple of weeks of the Trump visit at which the Saudis were given unconditional US support. The Saudis know they can do what they like, and they know they can attack Iran or any of its allies (or even just anyone who isn't sworn to oppose Iran) with impunity.

Saudi Arabia's power play leaves Qatar with little room to manoeuvre | World news | The Guardian

This looks like a Saudi warning shot to me.

And, of course, IS claiming responsibility and the Republican Guard saying the Saudis were behind it are not contradictory statements at all. Those two things are entirely consistent.

10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    maxwell?

Trollbait likes this.
  11. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    On an unrelated note, has she visited the Paris zoo? I heard they have exotic animals like raccoons.

I want to give this bonus likes.

bisco likes this.
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    rocky? i don't think so, i'll ask her, but it's usually all business all the time. even meals are spent team building. but a trip to the zoo could work, i would think.
    last trip, they couldn't get into the eiffel tower,

#72 bisco, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017