1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mandatory binding arbitration

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dumas, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ Sep 19 2006, 05:47 PM) [snapback]322060[/snapback]</div>
    Go back and read the first sentence you wrote in post number 2 above.

2. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allannde @ Sep 19 2006, 11:58 PM) [snapback]322099[/snapback]</div>
    OK, I did. And this is actually pretty pointless as it doesn't add anything to the thread, and is really just nit-picking, but I'll do it anyway.

Here is my post (#2), word-for-word (including typos):

"You won't be able to buy ANY car these days without signing one of these. Likewise most employers are now requiring new employees to sign these. AS much as I hate them, these are a fact of life.

Arbitration is in theory a good thing, but in practice it is not.

Arbitration is a business, and a company (like Toyota) will send all its arbitration to one of the large arbitration firms. If this firm consistently rules against Toyota, they will likely take their business elsewhere.

Yes, it's unfair, but these days ALL car companies use them. Get used to it, or get used to riding the bus.

This applies to used cars as well, as any delaership will now make you sign one of these.

Only by doing a private party sale can you avoid this (even then the seller can include this if he/she wants).
    "

I still don't see the word "binding" anywhere...

3. dumas

dumas Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I checked a couple of other dealers in the area and they have these agreements too, and both said they think pretty much all of them do these days. So I guess if I want a Prius, I'm going to have to accept it.

The original dealer won't get the sale, though. They could have been nice when I backed out, said something like "if you change your mind, let us know", but they weren't. And I know another local dealer has a similar car coming in, so I'll probably make the end-of-month deadline anyway.

4. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    PIRATEPRIUS......

Sure, we just filled one position, but as an ECU Alumni myself, you've already got one foot in the door!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You know, we have a Prius as our law firm vehicle!!!

(but we've really got to do something about that football team............) :( :(

5. archermoo

archermoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DocVijay @ Sep 19 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]321959[/snapback]</div>
    I've read everything, including the fine print, and I have a copy of all of the documents I signed. No mention of arbitration. Insurance, other things of that nature, but nothing about arbitration.

6. pirateprius

pirateprius New Member

Eastern North Carolina, Home of the ECU Pirates
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Sep 20 2006, 11:43 AM) [snapback]322257[/snapback]</div>
    Well if I ever decide to move west I'll know where to start looking. :)

The second half last weekend was an improvement over what I've seen so far, but worried about how they'll look against the #4 team coming in this weekend. :unsure:

If you ever decide on a roadtrip for a game we usually have 2 extra tickets.