1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Manhood Challenged - Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by coach81, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Let me guess - "my own decision" is "doing whatever the Wife orders me to do."

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Did I miss where Coach81 was definitively defined as a troll? I can't seem to find any posts that would indicate such. Without such posts it appears like some of the PC members are being rather mean spirited. :confused:

1 person likes this.
  3. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Can he do that?

4. Pre-iFoc-i

Pre-iFoc-i Pre-iFoc-i

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Dang, Coach -- I was just messin' with everyone. No harm meant!!

Seriously, go buy one -- a used one through CarMax is only 15-18k depending on how fancy/new you go. And if your wife's perception of your manhood is based on frivously over-consumption of gas, maybe you can get something on a trade-in? :)

Manlihood never crossed my mind; hybrids made good sense sev. yrs ago, and still do. I even took two packed youth hockey bags with me to test cargo capacity. We regularly used my Prius to shuttle all over NE rinks -- with two dads and their certified "xy" boys. Not a peep from anyone.

Get out there and stimulate a little GNP, Man!

5. Michaelvickdog123

Michaelvickdog123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV

Is that even possible? :confused: After all, we're all in virtual space. :rolleyes:

I have no idea whether he's a troll, and never suggested he was. Personally, i think he's a Sally. But that's just my two cents, oh, and nothing wrong with being a Sally....just sayin'

However, I do find it odd that his first post was back in February, where he says he likes the Prius and put in an order with his local dealership to "rent" a Prius. That was all back 6-7 months ago. Then, out of the blue, he starts this thread about why he can't get a Prius, because "his wife won't let him". That's the funniest damn thing I have ever heard from a man. Not "manly" enough, he says...or his wife says? Allegedly. Finally, the last revelation from today is - he's back at his dealership again, but the salesman starts to laugh/poke fun at him for considering a Prius, and tries to talk him into a truck.

If it walks like a duck. Quacks like a duck...it probably is. But can any of us say "definitively". Mmmm...not without DNA testing, we can't. :eek:

But pretty much like that clown in California that made claim that the Prius was possesed by demons, and ran away from him...and he couldn't stop the car....blah, blah....all a bunch of made up baloney. But can we prove it? Do we have to? It's a duck. :cool:

One final thought - If I'm looking for honest input, and therefore, would like to ingratiate myself to the inhabitants that frequent said web site - I am NOT, I repeat, I am NOT starting a thread that uses "manhood" (or the perceived lack thereof) and "Prius" in the same sentence. That approach is just plain incendiary. IMO, "coach" got exactly the reaction and responses he deserved....and if he is a troll, the reaction and responses he so desperately craved to see....because that's how trolls roll. They say what they say to provoke and incite. Kind of sad that people are so bored with their lives, that they have to troll to get their kicks.

6. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just want to say that it's a shame that people think this way in America, that this thread even went on for 15 pages.

In Japan the Prius is the best selling car. Hardly anyone raises eyebrows when a guy goes to buy it. Kids purchase them. Kids mod them.

Take a look at Toyota's line up in Japan and you might cry. http://toyota.jp/carlineup/index.html

Sorry but America is way behind on the times. This is why I love the Prius. It is a symbol of the future -- technologically, socially, and internationally.

7. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I fully understand:

• 1991 bought new Camry - used buying service in Credit Union and picked it up in their parking lot.
    • 2001 bought new Echo - after two trips to local dealer, wrote a letter addressed to the dealership owner to let them know we have no choice but to go with other dealers as we can not get a Toyota Echo with the options we want. The sales manager read the letter and said,"Mr. Wilson, we sure have worked hard to not sell you a car. Give me about 10 minutes." Within 30 minutes, I had an invoice for an Echo matching exactly what we wanted and a week later, it arrived from dealership in Florida.
    • 2005 bought a used Prius via Ebay - flew out to pick it up and drove it back to Huntsville.
    • 2009 bought a new 2010 Prius via non-traditional means - picked it up at the Decatur AL dealership.
    There are a growing number of Toyota dealerships with Internet sales who aren't going to insult you. So I'm going to suggest something radical, find an Ebay deal. You can arrange the financing through your local bank or credit union. Shop wisely and don't be in a rush. Learn the prices and options and then look for the 'good deal.' Within 30-45 days, you will find a deal too good to pass up.

In parallel, write a letter to the owner of the local dealership:

• I want to buy a Prius
    • But I would be a coward if I let your dealership and staff threaten me with a false accusation, a lie, in an attempt to sell a different car.
    • If I give into this blackmail, it would confirm the lie making me both a coward and what they claim. Worse, every shady business in town would do the same to sell their junk to me and my family and your family too.
    • Your dealership have left me no choice but to find someone who wants to sell me a Prius for this price (include the Ebay listing.)
    • I would prefer to keep my money 'at home' so if you ever decide to go into the Prius selling business, let me know.
    Now if you really want to make a mark, visit either the youngest or oldest lawyer in town. Hire him to write a cover letter, a second letter, to your letter that explains the legal risks of slander or repeating and spreading a false rumor. It should cost about $25-50.

Send the first letter and wait five days. If they don't call you, then buy the Ebay car. You might get a counter offer and it would be courtesy to visit them and listen to their offer. This is called moral courage and unlike anything else, carries a lot more weight than this car purchase. They may decide to make a counter offer at cost and with respect. Then again, they may not and you have the option and send the second letter to the dealership.

In about seven weeks, Thanksgiving will come and ask to say the blessing. Thank God for your blessings . . .

Bob Wilson

8. Airbalancer

Airbalancer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I use our prius for work, full of tools
    Everyone just wants to know is the mileage
    Most place in Ontario are over $1 for a litre of gas
    I tell everyone the it does not handle like our BMW on ramps but on the rest of the highway driving at 105 km/hr( 65 mph) there really no difference
    No one makes fun of it when I tell this trip cost me $14 instead of $60 in my truck