1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

manual phone number input?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by ikklesmiler, Nov 2, 2009.

1. ikklesmiler

ikklesmiler New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi

Can you manually input phone numbers/names into the cars phonebook?
    My G1 phone does not support phonebook transfer, either multiple or single.. It is really annoying when the phone rings and the number comes up but no name.. I like to know whos calling!

Thanks in advance for any help. :rolleyes:

Ann Marie

2. Kameel

Kameel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I believe you can : I have a gen III prius but it should be the same for yours? (or not?)
    According to the manual,
    push "setup" then "phone"
    Select "phonebook" and then "Manage Contact"
    on the next screen, you should be able to select "new contact"
    and then you should be able to enter the name, type of phone (work, home etc...)
    Hope this helps...

3. Oppy

Oppy Smug Apprentice

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am a bit late to the party, but I need to ask...did Kameel's process work? I tried and tried and cannot figure how to enter a contact into the phone book. This system is so frustratingly unintuitive.

And as I have Verizon and they cripple most phones, a data download is out of the question.

4. ikklesmiler

ikklesmiler New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II

Unfortunately no it didnt work, as the 2010 Prius sat/nav/phone is quite different setting wise to the gen II.

The only way I was able to overcome this problem was to sopy my contacts to my sim card and then use my sons phone which did work. My husbands phone also didnt work..

good luck xx