1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Manual trunk release?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by derkraut, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :) Hi PA...

Well, I would have been happy to do just that; HOWEVER, I just traded my 2004 for a new 2007 Touring Edition and [like a good citizen], I gave my 2004 Owner's Manual to the Dealer for the future owner. I have to admit, that in my haste to take delivery of the new Prius I failed to scan a copy of my "Index." Since I've only had my 2007 for 3 days, I haven't made a new Index yet, just a couple on entries:

2007 Owner's Manual (441 pages)

Page 376: Manual release of Hatch
    PP 307-310: Programming the HomeLink mirror

My "Index" will grow over time as I become accustomed to my new 2007 and respond to questions by fellow Prius owners' questions.

2. PriusRos

PriusRos A Fairly Senior Member - 2016 Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(john1701a @ Nov 14 2006, 05:08 PM) [snapback]349062[/snapback]</div>
    I guess I was thinking that a manual trunk release means that it actually "pops" the hatch door. Of course, I realize that the door unlock button unlocks all the doors, including the hatch. But it would be nice to have a button that actually opens the door. For example, when your passenger has just been to the grocery store and his/her hands are full, it would be nice to be able to open the door for them from the driver's seat (like other cars).

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusRos @ Nov 14 2006, 09:16 PM) [snapback]349280[/snapback]</div>
    I doubt that's even possible without the aid of a spring, like trunks have. In fact, over time the pressure holding up the hatch will decrease. With my Omni, I eventually ended up replacing those arms since they stopped working entirely. It's a hatchback thing.

4. Buzz Mega

Buzz Mega New Member

Happened to me. Toyota repaired broken tail light housing. Reassembled the weather seals wrong. This caused a hatch slam to not make full closure. Car parked in garage with hood not accessible. Battery died. Need to open hatch from rear to get at 12v.

Took five years after your post... But, as we all know, spit happens. (I cleaned that up.)

anothertckt likes this.