1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Many different issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Avocados, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Avocados

Avocados New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello all, new here. Prius 08 227k miles. Recently replaced abs actuator 6 months ago. Everything good until about a week ago when abs, vsc, brake, check engine, ((!)), and triangle lights come on. Engine stalled. I pulled over and saw my oil was really low. New oil, new 12v battery, no more lights. Was out today and again all my lights come on and engine stalls again. Managed to make it home and checked a few hours later and now the only thing coming on the dashboard is check engine. I managed to get a P0121 before because the check engine was coming and going. My mechanic is out of town until next weekend so I'm not sure what to do. Is this a problem with the hv battery or is my car just about ready to retire itself?

Attached Files:

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hybrid battery failed see the little car icon in the top left corner? Doesn't matter though you probably smoked the engine running it so low on oil it stalled which means it was unable to provide enough power to charge the hybrid battery. You must have noticed after that event the car had no power at all.

3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Your location says Columbia. Is that Columbia, SC?

If so, I can probably help you out with diagnosis..and repair if needed.