1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Map button no longer shows anything - other menus work fine

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Mavi, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Mavi

Mavi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    So all of a sudden my navigation stopped showing on the screen, even though my climate control, mpg page, etc work fine and touch screen work fine. Sometimes the map page willl show a blank screen with lots of vertical white lines. Any ideas how to fix or start fixing this? Randomly the nav will work in rare cases for short periods of times.

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Check the plugs going into the Nav box under the LH (Driver's in US) seat to ensure that they have not inadvertently been knocked loose.

Push the seat all the way back and you should see the plugs right there in the front of the box.

3. Mavi

Mavi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Alright so menu , destination, and the map buttons all show a blank screen when pressed.I disconnected, looked at, and replugged in the plus under the seat that go into the dvd nav box, and they were all tight and fine. So it seems to be something else.

Any other ideas possibly? Thanks

4. antryoo

antryoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I am having this same issue. Did you ever get it figured out?

5. Mavi

Mavi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    No I haven't... I will be swapping it with a working mfd once I pick one up in a week to see if it's that unit itself, or if it's an accessory, I'll update the thread when I find out.

6. ShahGAutos

ShahGAutos Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Any updates on a fix for this?? I’m having the same issue with my 2006 Prius but only on the Navigation screen.

7. Mavi

Mavi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    I ended up swapping it out for a working MFD, and the problem was fixed. It's one of the internal chips that cause this. Basically go on ebay or better yet priuschat classifieds and look for a replacement that works. Note the specific part number does require you to pull your mfd out, but to do so shouldn't take more then 20 minutes.

8. Tomek310

Tomek310 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have the same issue. I'm having a hard time understanding that MFD could be the culprit since every screen on the MFD works except for nav.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

9. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd suspect an issue with the nav box under the LF seat or the wiring/connectors between it and the MFD, myself.