1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Map Data

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by followingalex, Sep 23, 2019.

1. followingalex

followingalex Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Just picked up the 2020 and under nav settings map data shows 2018 - can anyone confirm if the latest map data is in fact 2018 or if there's an update to apply i can request from the dealership?

2. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I had seen this with the DVD on my 2004 Prius. There is just a big latency between the data and producing the media. If you have an iPhone, you may want to use one of the CarPlay enabled navigation apps.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    ask the dealer, sometimes they have an update that didn't get installed at the factory. if so, they should do it for free, as a courtesy

4. followingalex

followingalex Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    just verified the "latest" map data @ Prius Prime 2020 is circa 2018 -- will have to "fight" for a complimentary upgrade since the service center just informed me they expect updated microSD cards later in the year and priced at around $150+tax ...

service guy told me to basically stand at the sales guys' desk in front of customers and progressively get louder if they don't honor a free upgrade :LOL: like i'm going to do this instead of using google maps.. The maps provider is 'Here' maps, and given the volume, I can't even believe that Toyota would end up with such a 'bad deal' to offer customers..

bisco likes this.
  5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    that's a great service advisor.(y)

might as well ask your salesperson nicely though, nothing to lose.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It’s delayed. Maps come out at the end of the year (Oct-Dec time frame) so a 2018 is the last one. Those buying 2020s is in the new year will get the 2019 maps assuming it’s built after the maps are released.

(Same thing happened to me. 2010 Prius bought in Aug 2009 with 2008 maps)