1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Map Light Housing Issue

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Ben J, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Ben J

Ben J New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello, today I was replacing my map lights with LED ones. While I was able to get the passenger side swapped out easily, I struggled with the drivers side. I ended up getting the old bulb out but accidentally pushed the black piece that the light plugs into up into the housing. I am wondering what the easiest way to fix this would be, to order a new black piece or to try and detatch the panel and get it from the other side. I will include a picture the black piece I am talking about. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. SB6

SB6 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've never messed with interior lights yet, so I really don't know what in talking about, but are you not able to fish the piece back out?

3. amarino

amarino Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Its really easy to pull down the whole housing, at least in my 2015 Two.

First snap off the front curved piece right above the rear view mirror. Here is mine removed while I was running some dashcam wires.

Then pull down firmly but gently until the whole housing snaps out and unplug the cable so its free. You can also see the rear of the bulb holders in the below pic:

The black bulb holders in the middle of the green PCB.

SB6 likes this.
  4. Ben J

Ben J New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two

Thank you for all your help I was able to remove all the housing very easily and re install the light!