1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Map updates no longer being released after 2017 version?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by yycmax, Jan 12, 2019.

1. yycmax

yycmax New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I currently have the fall 2017 map DVD (v17.1) and was expecting the 2018 map update (v18.1) DVD to be released and available sometime in late fall like it has with previous years' versions. I've been looking for it online since November (primarily on eBay) and was not able to find any authentic or bootleg update DVDs which led me to call my dealership today to inquire. The girl on the phone wasn't able to find any new (2018) DVD versions for the Gen 3 Prius, and although she didn't mention that updates were discontinued it sounded like she wasn't aware of anything in the pipeline that will be released in the future. Instead, she kept suggesting that I just use Google Maps (lol). I contacted some sellers on eBay that have the most recent verision (17.1) of the cheap DVDs and one of them replied that v17.1 "is the final release there will be no later version". Does anyone know if this is actually the case? If it is indeed true, this blows, because I even found 2018 updates for the EU Prius which seems to use either a full-size SD card or an HDD hard drive.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    According to this, there will be a v18.1. 2010/2011 Prius with nav use Gen 6 hardware

3. yycmax

yycmax New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Sorry, did you mean to link something? Can't see any hyperlink..

4. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Argh. I don’t think I can link to Lexus navigation.

Basically it was a FAQ on their site stating that the next one is 18.1

5. yycmax

yycmax New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I know exactly which page you're talking about. I sure hope they stick to their word and release the update soon, but I just found it quite strange that the other update formats (Micro SD/SD/USB) were released as they were supposed to in the fall, but the DVD was nowhere to be found.

6. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah. Unless they changed their mind and decided to drop the Gen 6 hardware. Gen 4/5 was 2016 so you’d think it’ll be one more year before they stop supporting it (roughly 10 years)