1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Map Updates

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by btcompute, Nov 4, 2013.

1. pablo808

pablo808 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thats interesting they use USB and Activation card to update map data. I was at an Australian dealer and they apparently use a DVD which seems a bit archaic. This is for a 2014 Prius V!

2. SmellyTofu

SmellyTofu Average punter

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The system does say USB or DVD so there maybe a HDD inside... !!??

3. 70AARCUDA

70AARCUDA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    FWIW, the local Prius parts department said the navigation update for our 2014 Prius is # 86271-HDD07-15, $169, and will require THEM to do the installation. Maybe the "HDD" implies Hard Disc Drive?

4. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Bargain with them. I got 10% off the part by grumbling and service cut the time to install in half. Make it clear they can accept some money or get none is the line to take. I wasn't abusive, just they didn't want someone bad mouthing Toyota's policies or their sales people in the service department. (I had been told when I was buying the car updates were over my phone implying that they would be Garmin/TomTom like).

5. Eug

Eug Swollen Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Technology
    So is now or a couple months later the best time of the year to update? I seem to recall someone mentioning spring but I'm not sure.

I have a 2012 Plug-in that has never had the map updated.

6. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Talk to your dealer and see what the date of his latest update is. Get both the firmware update and the maps and don't pay list. It is somewhat negotiable. The November update should be available.