1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

March 25

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius Team, Feb 26, 2009.

1. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Do you know what the expected msrp of the Tesla Model S will be?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Word is that it'll be around $55K, for an extra $10K you get a new battery pack in 7 years. I think those who already own a Roadster get their Model S for $10k less.

3. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Looks like its time to start playing the lottery.:)

4. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's a luxury sedan, no doubt about it. The NEXT Tesla is supposed to be in the $30k range and is intended to target a much broader audience.

While I don't need a luxury sedan, I should be able to afford it and I want an EV and it should meet my needs as a family car. Since there are no other options that meed those criteria it's what I'll get...if I can.

5. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If you can wait 2 or 3 years, there should be quite a few to choose from. Hopefully the plug in Prius also.

6. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's actually my target time, fortuanately. I'll be returning from my sabbatacle in Oceania in about May or June of 2011. I'd love to have a lot of options, though I suspect, with the way things usually go, that a lot of projects will be pushed back. A 40mile PHEV Prius would be at the TOP of my list, a pure EV sedan second, a 20 mile PHEV Prius 3rd. Other options that may or may not be around will get worked in depending upon the configuration of the final product.

7. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I also would love a phev Prius, but I can't wait that long. I will either trade in my 2010 Prius when the time comes or let my wife have the 2010 and get the phev Prius for myself. Anyway , good luck !:)

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :lol: Tom's just joking around with your screen name :D

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I can't believe you guys are really that dense.

In the first place, the numbers 3, 2, and 5 represent the first three non-one prime numbers.
    Additionally, the number 25 is square and 3 is the cube root of 27 which is only two days later. And two is the first non-one prime number.
    March 25th is also the 84th day of the year which, obviously, is made of a number doubling the subsequent number.
    "Prius" means "To go before" which means that the 3 and the 8 are the most important digits in the equation. When multiplied, they give us 24 which is only one less than the 25th of March.

You see, you've forgotten the most important rule of all which is "never get into a battle of wits with a Sicilian when death is on the line."
    [​IMG]

10. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oscar Levant was right...and sometimes I'm pretty sure Tony has stepped a toe over the line.

11. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
  12. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You've seen his new avatar. I don't think it's a toe over the line we're talking about.

I think he's got his dingleberries stuck a bit too tightly to his . . er . . ah . . sheep's clothing.

13. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    March 25, 2009 ..

my guess, the date TMS releases ..

1) Full customer specifications for the 2010 Prius

2) Color brochures

3) pricing

:eek: ??

More guesses -

base model curb weight - 3,050 lbs

EPA estimate MPG US - 52 city / 49 highway

base model starting price - $23,500 US

14. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hope your right about the price. It sounds just about right to me.:)

15. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah, but $23.5k might be Prius I plus $720 destination, and the Prius II with options in sticky thread would be +$2k or so, Prius III, +$3.5k ... we'll see.

16. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    So far, I was able to confirm that the 25th will be the releases of driving experiences (he suspects it will be positive, but we of course, won't know that until we see it). Don't know anything else.

17. smbrm

smbrm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Announcing(wishfully thinking!) the sport coupe version!

TRD add-ons?

but probably the price and the road test reviews.

18. adam1978

adam1978 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Doug,

I was fortunate to have the opportunity to attend the SF Prius Connection event and this was a great experience. I really like the new Prius. It is much improved over previous generations. Although the driver's seat is now height adjustable, I am still very disappointed that there is no way to further adjust the seat. It seems too low and it would be nice to have more knee support and the option to tilt the seat cushion up/down. I would think that than 8 way adjustable seat would be standard in today's cars. Other than that, I love the car. Is there any reason the seat in the Prius is so limited with adjustment options? This has been a significant complaint by many consumers and although Toyota has partially addressed this, there is still much room for improvement. This is honestly the only thing keeping me from purchasing a Prius. I'm curious to know Toyota's take on this issue. Is there any way you can address this and provide some feedback? Thank you for your time and attention.

19. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the feedback. We tried to put as much comfort into the seats without adding too much weight. Every extra adjustment, especially power features, add weight, which is particulary troublesome for Prius. Sorry that it does not meet your needs. We'll definitely be checking to see how all our customers respond and see if improvement is needed.

Doug Coleman
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota Motor Sales, USA

20. eglmainz

eglmainz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    With Honda's announcement of a date of March 24th, one day before the wraps comes of the Prius, a move which undoubtedly was made to steal Toyota's thunder, does this mean that they will move up the Prius' dates at all?

Honda Insight Hybrid Blog - Official Honda Web Site

Also, now that pricing is available on the Insight, will that cause Toyota to adjust their pricing?
    2010 Honda Insight Pricing and EPA Data Model MSRP[1] EPA[2] City/Hwy/Combined Insight LX $19,800 40/43/41 Insight EX $21,300 40/43/41 Insight EX with Navi $23,100 40/43/41
    Either way, I am still waiting for my 2010 Prius.. Nothing short of losing my job would change my mind.