1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

March Volt numbers are in - 2,289

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, Apr 3, 2012.

1. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Around here that would generate a huge amount of bad will if the business is towing plugged in cars. Maybe hill will chirp in on how they feel about it in Southern California, which is one of those places with many chargers and ticketing/towing is more likely.

2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Chargepoint EVSE nozzles (same as AV and many others) do have a hole in the top that accepts a lock - and it'll lock the plug onto your car. Most plugin's the I've seen on charge don't bother to lock on. I lock on rarely. Blink ECSE's do not have the hole for locking onto your car receptacle. There are a ton of Walgreens that now have EVSE's around here in our county. I've never shopped there in the past ... but now I do. In fact I just patronized them by getting a 'shingles' vaccination there about 3 days ago. My insurance receipt stated that the shot would have cost $291. And I didn't even bother to use their charger. Walgreens is almost finished with their big EVSE push.

Walgreens amps up EV plan, will add 800 chargers | The Car Tech blog - CNET Reviews

If my patronage is any example, they will be dragging in new customers. Most of the Walgreens around here are in strip malls ... so you either use their drugstore while charging - or one of the hardware stores or Costcos or coffee shops in the same complex. If your average stay is 90 minutes, then that's good for about 12 or 15 miles worth of juice. Meah ... it gets you more than when you left the house, because these drugstores are less than 7 miles apart around here. There more a convenience than a necessity ... like the warm chocolate chips I used to enjoy while constantly getting our Range Rover serviced or repaired.

3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I know parking is tight in some Philly neighborhoods, and some businesses will readily have cars towed if the owner doesn't come in to the business first. That's why I ask. There probably isn't space for the chargers in such areas though. I'm also looking towards the future when BEVs are more prevalent.