1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Marijuana oil -- effectiveness for health issues

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cyberpriusII, Feb 22, 2019.

1. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I feel like a complete idiot. I was talking doses as if each full dropper of the oil had 500 mg. in it. You are absolutely right. I'm getting it from a 500 mg bottle and taking 0.25 or 0.50 ml at a time. Thank you for catching my error and pointing it out. I'll pay closer attention to future posts.

cyberpriusII and Raytheeagle like this.
  2. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm not worried about addiction. I don't want to be in a position where the medicine makes it unsafe to drive. That's why my wife is all the way across the country taking care of her sister.

cyberpriusII and bisco like this.
  3. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Was not thinking I was catching an error, just thinking about the cost, which would not really be that much per month, I guess, but more than I can handle at the moment.

Should mention once again though that the topical lotion seems to help with my severe arm and chest and rotator cuff impingements!!

audiodave and srellim234 like this.
  4. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    For clarity, I'm using a bottle of 500 mg.

Day 4 - 0.5 ml around 6:00 a.m., 0.5 ml about 2:00 p.m. and 0.5 ml about 10:00 p.m.

Had a very quiet day in terms of moving around and felt better as the day went on. In addition to less activity (didn't leave the house due to rain), changing to 0.5 ml three times a day seems to have really helped. I slept very well and this morning (Day 5) I had no problem getting out of bed. Even puttered around a bit in the kitchen already. I'm not totally pain-free but I am a lot better in terms of inflammation and overall pain level. Still haven't taken any other pain medications or muscle relaxants. If this isn't just a matter of up and down days I can attribute the improvement to the CBD. The next few days should be telling. The doctor indicated to give it a week to enter my system at an introductory dosage, then adjust accordingly if I think it's warranted. Today I'll be trying the 0.5 ml three times a day again.

So far, so good.

5. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The friend who purchased the oil for me, as well as for himself, stopped by today with his dog. He has been duplicating my dosage for his sleep problems. He has also seen no improvement. :rolleyes:

Well, we have both terminated the oral dosages, but I am still using the lotion.

6. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Day 5 went well but this morning (Day 6) I woke up in a lot of pain again. It went away about 45 minutes to an hour after I took my first 0.5 ml dose. Six hours later I'm still feeling okay. Next dose will be in an hour or two. I do believe the CBD oil works for MY arthritis inflammation and pain; I just need to find the right strength + time balance on the dosage.

7. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II
    This is an interesting discussion. Talked to my brother recently and there are small 'boutique' CBD oil shops popping up all over the place here in Minnesota...even in smaller cities. He mentioned that two even popped up in Mankato, MN. He did the logo for one of them.

At any rate, he thinks people are just trying to get in on the ground floor with it due to the recent cannabis law changes in Minnesota. However, my thinking is that these are 'starter' shops that will eventually become full on cannabis shops WHEN it is legalized in Minnesota....I see it being pretty soon.

8. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    That's what happened here in California but I would be VERY careful when selecting what to buy and where to buy. There are far too many of those "boutique" type shops opening at first and to a lot of those people (not all, of course) it's simply an opportunity to make a quick buck. Ethics go out the window when it comes to quality and price. Others are people who have used marijuana for years and are so zealous to share what they can they open up, not knowing how to run the business. Those disappear in a hurry and without warning.

Ask a lot of questions, do a lot of your own research and check prices before you buy. Most of all, make sure you really have a need for trying it in the first place. There's no need to take CBD when Advil or Aleve will do.

Merkey likes this.
  9. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Day 6 was fine. Three x 0.5 ml doses. Discomfort was at a minimum and I was able to do the grocery shopping, cooking, and other errands with no problem. I received my new style of CPAP mask yesterday afternoon so my great night's sleep was probably attributable to that. I did, however, wake up to a minimal amount of pain this morning and that would be due to the CBD.

10. If anyone here is taking CBD oil and wants to post about it, I am really curious.
    No two brands work the same, each company's extraction process is kept proprietary, and the carrier oil determines if an oil is more effective under the tongue (MCT, coconut oil) vs. in the intestines (olive oil, hemp seed oil).

So, could you include:

1. Why you are taking any CBD products
    2. The name brand(s) of the CBD that you are taking (e.g., Bluebird, Charlotte's Web, CBDistillery, FabCBD, Populum, Medterra...)
    3. What form(s) of the product (oil w/dropper, vape, gummies, lotion, isolate powder...), and the ratio, e.g., 30 ml bottle (1 oz.), with 500 mg
    4. If each CBD product is "full spectrum" (includes traces of CBG, CBN, THC, terpenes, etc.) or just CBD only
    5. If you know the extraction method and/or solvent (usually if it's supercritical CO2, they will also use MCT as the solvent)
    6. How much you take a day (round numbers, like, 20 mg or 100 mg)
    7. How long you've been taking each product
    8. If it's helping, how, and, any side effects such as puts you to sleep, keeps you awake, burst of energy...

For me, mine is
    1. High anxiety/mild hypertension
    2. Bluebird Botanicals 6x Classic
    3. Oil w/dropper, 30 ml bottle, 1500 mg
    4. Full spectrum
    5. Alcohol distilled and hemp seed oil solvent (not MCT)
    6. Up to 20 mg
    7. On and off for about a month, I might skip for a few days, I take when the mood calls for it
    8. Helps a little, less than 10 mg has nill effect, but more than 20 mg makes me sleepy

Also if you folks have any comparisons between brands, that would be helpful.

#30 Deleted member 111882, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2019
  11. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This reply is just a general quote and not directed to anyone. My feeling is that if we find something that helps people live a better life, its a good thing. My issue that no one seems to want to address is how does one stay employed if they need to depend on a substance that may "alter" their abilities to safely work? Thats all I am concerned about. I am all for medicinal solutions. We just need to see how we an keep these people employed...........does this make sense to anyone else? I actually read on the web about a young man who was able to stop having migraines due to marijuana, but, could not find work. He eventually quit, and if I recall, sought other ways. Not sure if he was successful, but I commend his honesty and integrity.

12. Greenteapri

Greenteapri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Decriminalize Marijuana as a class 1 substance. I think most would agree that Marijuana is not on par to heroin as a drug.

If anyone wants an enlightening read as to why Marijuana became and is still considered a class one substance, Google its history.

CBD is a non-psychoactive chemical yet yields numerous benefits. Google for more info.

Solitary anecdotal stories should be treated as such. Look at a large subset of data when doing research.

#32 Greenteapri, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    audiodave and srellim234 like this.
  13. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    1. Pain and inflammation from severe arthritis in back, hips and knees. Level of CII and CIII medications as well as muscle relaxants to manage it no longer working and/or requiring dysfunctional levels.
    2. Medterra ( Medterra cbd.com )
    3. CBD tincture with dropper, right now 500mg 1 oz. bottle with dropper
    4. Not full spectrum, Pure CBD with no THC
    5. CO2 extraction
    6. 8 mg (1/2 dropper = 0.5 ml) three times a day (considering increasing to 16 mg twice a day + 8 mg once a day
    7. Each day for a week, today is Day Eight.
    8. Appears to be helping quite a bit with with the inflammation and pain. There is a possibility that it is helping me sleep better but I also switched this week to a better CPAP mask. I won't be able to isolate whether the better sleep is the CBD or the CPAP mask.

#33 srellim234, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  14. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Day Seven

Very good day. 8 mg at 6 am, 1 pm and 10 pm. I was even able to walk up and down the stairs to one of my doctor's offices without needing the elevator or experiencing anything in the way of pain. Another good night's sleep and woke up this morning (Day Eight) still feeling pretty good. It would appear the product is getting saturated in my system. I still haven't taken anything in the way of a pain reliever or muscle relaxant since I started CBD. All in all, I'm very pleased. :)

audiodave likes this.
  15. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Absolutely. I'm just chronicling my initial CBD experience but it shouldn't be interpreted as a fact that my individual positive (or negative) experience is going to be the same for anyone else. Research, look at what works for most people with your symptoms and go from there.

16. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Many of the legal medications that thousands in the population use alter the ability to work and drive.

The CBD being discussed here is not the part of marijuana that alters a persons ability to work. Some products for it may contain a trace amount of the THC that does, buts have none.

THC may have medical benefits without an altering level dosage, or more likely, be taken when the altering effects will not be an issue. A friend sustained an eye injury, and now has glaucoma. Partaking of marijuana one day can ease the eye pain for two weeks.

The person in your example may also be able to dose at times when the 'side effects' will not impact their performance and impair safety for themselves and others. Just like all the drugs, prescription and OTC, that cause drowsiness. In which case, their inability to find work has nothing to do with them being impaired by the marijuana during work times, but because many jobs require drug testing for new hires. Because of its metabolic life in the body, the ones for THC will be positive long past the time the person was actually even, or after the positive medical benefits have worn off.

Not as news worthy as marijuana legalization, the 2018 Farm Bill legalized industrial hemp. Hemp can't get a person high, but it still contains traces of THC; enough to come back as positive for marijuana tests used by police. A truck driver, hauling hemp that was certified as such, is sitting in an Idaho jail, because of that.
    So what if it's legal: Truck driver arrested for hauling hemp into Idaho — FreightWaves
    May have to add compound source in the near future.
    Forget Growing Weed—Make Yeast Spit Out CBD and THC Instead | WIRED

Greenteapri and srellim234 like this.
  17. Well I can’t go back to edit my post, I meant MCT carrier oil, not MCT solvent... CO2 would be the solvent

18. Greenteapri

Greenteapri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I wasn't referring to you. I actually like your CBD documentation even if it's on a car forum. Are you posting your experience on more subject pertinent websites?

19. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I understand.

No, I don't have much of an online presence. Only this and one other forum on a daily basis and occasionally on a few others. If I happen to be asked elsewhere I wouldn't have a problem re-posting this experience but I not actively searching to do it.

Greenteapri likes this.
  20. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Gosh, a particularly miserable pain day -- Am tempted to reach for the hydromorphone, but...

A friend and I even talked about how thankful we are that we are in Oregon.....with the state's enlightened death laws....

OREGON'S ASSISTED SUICIDE LAW

I've lost 30 pounds as I don't ever feel like eating and have to force the food down when I can -- with my ecotomorph build (light build with small joints and lean muscle), I really can't afford the loss. Too bad the CBD is not working.

I think a THC compound would help with the eating, but if I do get back to work I am afraid they will do a "random" test and I will be sent packing. Yes, medical and recreational use is legal in Oregon, but courts have upheld firings.

kris