1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Marijuana oil -- effectiveness for health issues

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cyberpriusII, Feb 22, 2019.

1. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    A little insulting, mon cherie? I am trying to be "with it." Probably will not be for another 6- 9 months, minimum...well, I always said MY mom was wacky.

I just made an appointment with the doctor to look into it....we will see.

kris

#61 cyberpriusII, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sorry, no insult intend, just my poor attempt at humor :)

cyberpriusII likes this.
  3. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    All is good. I am tending to be a little more emotional nowadays than usual.
    kris

bisco likes this.
  4. will the engineer

will the engineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I hate homework!

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Greenteapri, Raytheeagle and bisco like this.
  5. I recently discarded all of my CBD (and related) products, as none of them were working for my long-term financial anxiety and were instead costing me money.

Maybe for others CBD/THC products will help for their conditions, if they are really truly extreme. But not for me.

6. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  7. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    'no brainer' is the perfect description for bubba :p

srellim234 likes this.
  8. I should clarify: I have found that CBD tinctures "sort of" work... from my experience, CBD isolates wake me up more, whereas full-spectrum calms me a bit, since all of the cannabinoids and naturally-extracted terpenes work together better.
    At this point, I may experiment with other methods of CBD intake (e.g., vapes or chocolates). Thing is, these do get expensive after a while anyway.

I just gave the article a quick glance. The FDA is increasingly in a position to take a stance on CBD products; however, their decision will be to make a profit off the companies that sell CBD supplements. You can see this already as CBD prices on nearly everything jumped last month (also demand has increased).

9. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Checking back in with an update. When it comes to any drug I've always believed that less is better but take what you actually need. The CBD got me through a rough patch and back on my feet but I was always hoping it would be a temporary thing or something to be taken occasionally on an "as needed" basis. I've cut down to 3 mg twice a day right now and using 400 mg of naproxen preemptively if I'm going to do something I know will trigger more pain (long drive in the car, swinging a golf club, etc.). Heat and ice packs continue to be a part of my life multiple times a day.

For me, CBD was (and is) a great help. I consider my experiment with it a success. Every person and every situation is different, however, and I personally believe it should be something used as a "last resort" part of drug therapy pending a lot more peer reviewed study.

10. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, I've learned I may not have Health care coverage on any injuries related to my auto accident recently so just went back to using CBD lotion.

This new stuff is supposedly organic and supposedly full Spectrum CBD Super 50ml with 1500mg CBD --olive oil, coconut oil,hemp flower....

We will see. I will report back in a couple of days. If it forestalls any flareups, will be happy. I used a lotion earlier this year and saw little if any improvement -- but it was about a third of the stength of this stuff.
    kris

#70 cyberpriusII, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    srellim234 and Merkey like this.
  11. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    O.K.

I can't explain it. And, I know there is no "proof," but I am REALLY seeing some benefit already. I applied the lotion to my arm and shoulder.

And, if you read some of my earlier posts on here, you probably can tell I was pretty negative about the whole CBD idea,

But, after application earlier tonight I was reaching for an item and I realized that it was no longer the same agony. Indeed, the reach was much better than the usual 30 percent of normal. Other advances noted through the evening.

I'm actually very surprised, still a bit shocked, but also somewhat happy (actually very happy). I only tried it on my arm. I am about to try it on my fractured hip -- even though I hate touching that area since the injury.

Gosh, LOTS of people said I would see significant improvement if I gave it a try.

Friends, nurses, a couple of real MD's. I did not believe them. Now, I am re-thinking things.

I did not seek this "super salve" out . A woman with whom I had a good friendship with several years ago suddenly showed up at my door a couple of weeks ago.

We had parted on somewhat negative terms a few years ago, but she had heard about my accident and wanted to help. She had started a CBD business and swore her product would help. I profusely thanked her and tossed the jar to the side after she left, never intending to try it.

But, when I learned about my insurance issue, I decided "what the."

Does my experience prove CBD works? NO!

But, lots of people I know seem to believe it does and after this, I tend to agree, Oh, btw, according to the woman who passed the lotion onto me, this particular jar she gave me was "super duper" strength. I was using a lotion before that I thought MIGHT have marginally helped, but the strength was only about a third of the strength of the product she gave me.

Again, no proof. Maybe just a case of I want to believe, but I tend to think not -- at least I hope so.

Yes, despair and hope are powerful. I found improvement (I hope). Anyone else -- well I wish you the best, but no warranty!
    kris

#71 cyberpriusII, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    farmecologist and srellim234 like this.
  12. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    I'm really glad it is working for you. I do have a bit of a warning for you though. Do research on that particular product and don't just take her word or the company printout as to the purity of the product. Many creams, salves and oils (not just CBD products) are loaded with contaminants or hidden ingredients that are a lot worse for you in the long run. Make sure the product isn't poisoning you slowly while it eases your pain.

Merkey likes this.
  13. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I got my medical marijuana card last year. I have trouble falling asleep and found the THC INDICA TINCTURE
    really does the job. Hour after taking it it’s sleepy time and fall asleep very fast and no hangover in the am.

There’s 2 kinds of Cbd oil. One is over the counter with no regulation of purity of product. The other kind is what you buy at the licensed marijuana dispensary that is highly regulated for both quality and potency.
    That stuff is expensive.

A true test of effectiveness can only be made with a regulated and guaranteed product. But everyone is different and may see some level of effectiveness with over the counter. Placebo may play a big part of personal results. CBD oil has quickly become big business.

It’s like probiotic pills. There’s thousands of probiotic product in vitamin stores. The only probiotic that has a regulation of guaranteed potency is ALIGN. Probiotic must have a regulation code on it or it’s horse hockey. In ALIGNs case that code is 35624. Align is expensive but it’s the most healthy thing you should take it really boosts immunity.
    In fact years ago my gastroenterologist wrote me a script for it.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  14. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Not sure how I would go about finding out what is in it without submitting it to a lab and paying for a test. Not even sure how I would do that?

Their Web site is pretty sparse -- to be expected from a "hippy" company in the Oregon outback. It would be a slap in the face to her if I demanded verifiable documentation from her.

And, not sure how I would verify anyway. But, now you have me worried. :oops:

15. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No don’t be worried it sure can’t hurt and you may be seeing some improvement. But if you are actually seeing some improvement you will really see improvement with the state controlled product but it’s not cheap.
    Keep in mind it’s all the rage so caveat emptor. It would be interesting
    To see there docs though. But doubt they have any,

Here At local licensed dispensaries a small 24ml bottle of Cbd is $50.

16. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    For instance search my local dispensary’s:

TRULIEVE
    MUV
    CURALEAF

17. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There’s lots of discussion of the over the counter effectiveness of Cbd oil which is derived from hemp where licensed dispensaries Cbd use marijuana strain with no thc properties.
    I have never tried over the counter Cbd but have used the licensed and it tastes just like marijuana. But the cost was prohibitive.

But if I was busted up like you I would use anything I could.Hang in there kiddo your a tough chick.

bisco likes this.
  18. farmecologist

farmecologist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    II

Glad it is working for you. Chronic conditions ( especially chronic pain ) can really suck..to put it lightly.

edthefox5 likes this.
  19. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    it's about time someone in the science world took this seriously and did some studies.

even if placebo works, it works.

20. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello CyberpriusII,
    I have been reading your posts for quite awhile. I really wish you the best in your recovery. My family has recently gone thru a major life changing challenge (my adult son) that has shown me just how special every day that you have is! His situation is a daily challenge, and it is in regards to brain recovery. It appears that your rambling is completely normal for someone who has gone thru and continue to progress thru. I appreciate your candor, honesty and openess regarding your situation. You have given me strength for me and how I react to my son. Thank you.

Raytheeagle and bisco like this.