1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Marijuana oil -- effectiveness for health issues

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cyberpriusII, Feb 22, 2019.

1. srellim234

srellim234 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    They should be able to supply something from an independent lab about their own product. For example, Medterra submits every third batch to an independent lab and publishes the results.

I treat these things with the same skepticism as we saw in the vitamin and supplement business in both the pharmacies and the pharmaceutical wholesalers I worked for in my career. Independent DNA testing routinely showed that what was on the label was not what was in the bottle. The one company that I never saw a bad result from was Nature Made. There's a good reason they are the only vendor sporting the USP quality control symbol on their vitamins and supplements.

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    She's not rambling shes discussing. She always writes very funny posts that I enjoy reading.

srellim234 and farmecologist like this.
  3. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Rambling? Moi? HAHA

Well, I think I do sometimes -- but not feeling much like rambling. Lately, I feel lucky if I manage to walk without stumbling and falling. :eek:

I do have a brag, though. Last weekend I managed to change the oil and filter on the Prius. Only had to have a big strong blue-eyed man help put a couple of extra cranks on the jack (hmm, reading that phrase back it sounds a bit off-color, but it was not meant that way, I am going to leave it).

By the time I got to putting on the new filter, my hands were shaking pretty badly, which made it tough to engage the threads, but after about a LONG several minutes, I finally managed it. CHEERS!

And, I removed and tested several electrical outlets yesterday! I don't really know what the multimeter reading meant, but that is fodder for another post...

Maybe I am ready for rambling after all!

#83 cyberpriusII, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    tochatihu and bisco like this.
  4. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Still thinking the new CBD is really helping. Of course it may also be it's some seven months out and my body is saying "kris, you lazy malingering nice person, quit lazing around and lets get back to LIFE."

Well, I think the lazy malingering part might be the truth!! But, I am back at work, am taking the dogs for walks and doing lots of the normal things -- although not all of them :>(. Docs are also saying I probably need a hip replacement....what am I -- 80 years old.... HUH!!!

I think I will try to work through the pain before I go that route.
    kris

SFO and srellim234 like this.
  5. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Rambling woman some nine months later.

I think the docs are right about the hip replacement being needed, but since I cannot afford it, maybe I should go back to the CBD....

But, I finally decided CBD did nothing to help.

Physicians and therapists say to try real marijuana -- not that it would heal anything, but pain would be lessened.

1) My job says Marijuana = unemployment.

2) I'm an old lady now. I don't want to be a 30-something junkie (HAHA)>

While I heard nothing but wonderful stuff about CBD for quite a bit, the folks that I knew who originally sang praises seem to have backed away now.

Anyone still thinking it is wonderful?

6. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm no doctor or know alot about CBD or marijuana, but, it would seem the benefits of both are of neuroligical benefit, in other words, CBD and marijuana seems to lessen the pain coming from the nerves that are connected to your area of injury. My brother is on CBD, due to chronic back pain. He only takes it at night (to help him sleep) and only when the pain is unbearable. But, my brother has been seeing a Chiropractor and the sessions are working. How CBD and marijuana work in the long run to relieve pain will be a work in progress. My hope is that the just like with any other pain relief medication, the original dosage doesn't have to increase to relieve pain. I wish you the best as you trudge along for a solution!

7. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
  8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base