1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mary Nicoles - the Plugin Driving Force?

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by hill, Feb 13, 2017.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Biggest Driver of Cleaner-Car Rules Is California, not Washington

I always took her for a shill - but perhaps my opinion was too harsh.

#1 hill, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i hope it takes at least 4 years, and all the current carb states continue behind cali.

3. austingreen

austingreen Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I think she is worse than a shill. This is a hugely misleading article.

When CARB asked for BEVs, there were few BEVs, then CARB asked for fuel cell vehicles, and DOE supported them. Finally DOE asked for plug-ins (phevs and bevs) and supported them and .... Despite carb favoring FCV the world got plug-ins.

Now the result of a large proportion of plug-ins going to california has much more to do with the people, commutes, and weather of california than Mary Nichols. Sure the old toyota prius phv and lots of compliance cars are california only, but the real cars, the big sellers, the Leaf, Volt, model S and X even the new prime are national cars encouraged by ... the EPA over CARBs still hawking for FCV and lobbying washington for them to get better treatment then the electrified breathren.

Oh and Nichols thinks FCVs like the mirai and clarity are electric, as we say in texas "bless her heart"