1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Master Caution but no DTC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by TxAggie94, Oct 17, 2013.

1. TxAggie94

TxAggie94 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    2006 Prius; HV battery replaced Feb 2013; A/C condenser core replaced July 2013

I searched and found a few posts with similar issues, but could not find any solutions, so I'm checking again.

It has been running and behaving fine other wise. Then on Monday, it posted a master caution (the big red triangle), VSC and the HV warning icon on the MFD. The VSC and HV icon have been intermittent, but the master caution has been solid ever since. No DTCs are posted (I have the Pocket Scan, so it doesn't read the "other" systems' codes). I checked the battery voltage and it is good (12.5V with ACC load on). There were some LAN Monitor codes posted (below), but I assume those may have been left over from when the dash was apart for the condenser change. I cleared them, and they have not returned. All of the same caution flags are still posted.

Note that other than the warnings, everything works and behaves normally with the vehicle and systems and the mileage is running normal. The only exception is that when VSC/HV icon is posted, the cruise control is inop. It works when the VSC is not posted.

Any thoughts at where I should look next?

Thanks,
    Robert

LAN Monitor EMV codes:
    01-DC 190-26-6
    01-D8 190-23-2
    01-D5 190-4E-F
    01-DB 190-DD-F
    01-DB 190-A5-1

2. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I know it's a long shot, but I once had the same warning lights immediately following a scheduled service. It turned out that the tech did not seat the air filter holder properly back on and the computer was detecting the abnormal suction.

3. nh7o

nh7o Off grid since 1980

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Those "LAN codes" don't say anything relevant to the problem. It would be great if the car had self diagnostics, but no such luck. You need to get a real Prius specific code reader to find the DTC's which are definitely stored, given the indicators.

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Visit your local Toyota dealer so the skid control ECU DTC can be read. The DTC having to do with the VSC are related to the yaw rate sensor, deceleration sensor, or steering angle sensor. Apparently your car has a problem with one or more of those sensors.

5. TxAggie94

TxAggie94 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. I figured the LAN codes irrelevant. I'll do another once-over for anything obvious before I take it in.