1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Master warning light after replacing MFD

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Hannah72206, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Hannah72206

Hannah72206 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I changed out my MFD last night, and this morning when I turned on the car everything functions properly but the master warning light was on. What part of the multi function display replacement could have caused this? The MFD works fine, but the banner at the top of the screen is blank with a warning symbol of a car with an exclamation mark. I drive a 2009 Prius.

iPhone ?

2. andrewclaus

andrewclaus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Where did you get the new MFD? Are you positive you got the right part number? Try putting your VIN into this site. It shows four different part numbers for my car, depending on package options.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If that warning is anything like the Check Hybrid System error in the Gen 3, then it is a very generic message that could've been caused by the electronics detecting the loss of a ground, or an unexpected ground in the system when uninstalling/installing the MFD.

If this is the case, then the error will clear by itself after a few (up to ten) starts with no error condition. You can force the clearing by cycling the car Ready, then Off till it clears.

4. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You should have disconnected the 12 V battery while doing that replacement.
    If you did NOT, disconnecting it for a few minutes now might clear that up.
    Might not too but worth a try.