1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Master Warning light, Brake Warning Light and Now car will not Run

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Gfunk9981, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Gfunk9981

Gfunk9981 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello,

I have a 2006. I had issues a couple of weeks ago and had the master warning light, check brake light and check engine lights come on. Codes said that there was an issue with the Hybrid battery. Toyota said it required a new hybrid battery.

I had someone install a refurbished battery. Car worked great again for two days. However, the mater warning light and check brake light came back on. 5 minutes later i stopped to get something from a store and when i came back the car would start (go to orange LED on power button) but would not go into ready mode to let me go into drive or reverse.

In this "on" mode all dash lights are on. Power seems fine but it just wont start. Through all of this there is also nothing from the actual engine.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    did anyone check the 12 volt battery? or, you may have gotten a bad hybrid replacement. is it new, or refurbished?

3. Gfunk9981

Gfunk9981 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It was a refurbished battery.