1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Master Warning Light ON for no reason

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Catalinux, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Catalinux

Catalinux Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi all,
    I have one of the most strange problems on my car, for absolutely NO reason when i turn the steering wheel on a curve to the left after 45 miles/hour, or brake from 62-65 miles/hour on a straight line the MASTER WARNING LIGHT (the red Triangle, the death triangle as mentioned by some membres) comes ON for 1 to 2 seconds and then goes OFF, NO DTC found, the car is running OK, all the fluids are at the specified level. I suspect something wrong with the electricals, if you have similar problems please give a reply. It is a Europe Prius Gen II from 2006 with 100k miles on-bord, thank you.

2. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Although you say all fluids are at specified levels, check the engine oil level using the dipstick after the car is IG-OFF at least five minutes, on level ground.

[email protected] likes this.
  3. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yep, I'll bet you're low on oil.

4. Catalinux

Catalinux Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yep, don't bet because you'll win :) , the level of the oil was low, and then i studied to see if it has a different warning for low oil pressure or level and it doesn't have, so both of you were wright. Problem solved, thanks guys !

usnavystgc likes this.