1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Master warning, VSC warning, brake system warning

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by xjocelyn, Jul 21, 2016.

1. xjocelyn

xjocelyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Hello,

The other day, I was driving my 2005 Prius uphill and when I pressed on the brakes at an intersection (that was at the top of the hill), these 3 warning signs showed up. I pulled over for 10 feet, parked it and got a ride from someone else. Called Toyota and didn't give me much info, other than to have it towed to a dealership for a diagnostic. My dad tested it with a computer and got no error codes, but went to a mechanic who got these error codes.

Any idea of what it could be? I didn't have a problem driving it back home so I don't know what it could be.

Attached Files:

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
  3. xjocelyn

xjocelyn New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
  4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    1. It appears that your 12V battery is in marginal condition. When was it last replaced?
    2. Check the inverter coolant reservoir when the Prius is READY, for fluid turbulence. If you don't see this, the inverter coolant pump has failed.
    3. Is there a red warning icon in the upper left corner of the MFD screen? If so, take a photo and post.
    4. There may be additional error codes (DTC) which were not retrieved by the mechanic. You would need Mini VCI to get a full set of logged DTC.