1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Matrix LED Headlights

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by stomish, Oct 12, 2021.

1. stomish

stomish Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I was giving it some thought after reading, and was wondering - has anybody seen if it's possible to enable the active matrix LED headlights on our Primes? Or is it something that would need to be upgraded parts wise, in form of EU market headlights?

2. PianoBench

PianoBench Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    what is that? do you have a link?

stomish likes this.
  3. stomish

stomish Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    They actively adjust individual pixels to block out certain parts in front of you without blinding oncoming pedestrians/cars, effectively making it so you can always leave your high beams on

iPhone ?

4. PianoBench

PianoBench Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Ahh I see. Yeah these are very nice looking.

From my understanding, we have something similar to this tech. But more limited. We have the auto HIGH beam off when it detects an oncoming vehicle approaching. I think the sensors are all housed in the driver side front headlamp along with ecu to the front light.

Its weird. From the toyota electrical wiring guides and even looking at the plug itself, it appears to be missing maybe 10 to 16 other wires. Maybe toyota just reuses these plugs between different models. Possibly higher end Lexus feature this slick led dot matrix system. But not in our Prime. So that could explain the empty wires in their plug. (I can post a picture later)

Yeah our Primes only feature 2 or 4 LED headlamps for the front headlamp housing unit.

The audi group look like they feature a more advanced with more LED for their dot matrix system.

Something like this!? But only Lexus have it currently.

Edit!! Haha I have it on my phone. Let's try to upload. 20211030_224214.jpg 20211030_225401.jpg

#4 PianoBench, Nov 7, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2021