1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Matte White Tunerzine Aimgain Project Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by TunerzineJason, Jan 15, 2011.

1. roypaik

roypaik Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    looking GOOD! any sound clips of the intake??

2. drunkin master

drunkin master Contributing Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    very interested in the intake system. I would love to hear the sound clip and also the functionality of it all.
    Was that just a custom fit or a direct fitment for the G3PRIUS?

More info please...

3. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Count me in on wanting to know more about the intake as well. Is it here in the states yet or is it something that has to be imported? And of course how much? I will order one as soon as I know where to go. Also, loving the sounds of the coil overs. Have been considering the Tanabe's as I have their DF210 springs on now and am pretty impressed with the ride quality and look, but want to have more adjustments. The fact that they have dampening control as well, I'm sold. Please help us out with sources to go to buy this stuff. I have a feeling they'll be busy once everyone knows.

4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I really want the front bumper skin. But for $900+, meh. What is the best place to order these parts from?

5. Bippu-san

Bippu-san New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd contact:

Kyoei USA
    1920 E. 3rd St #14
    Tempe, AZ 85281
    (480)-921-2995

They supplied Jason with the body kit parts. I know they can also get the Tommy Kaira kit and other parts too I'm sure. Just give them a call and see what they say.

1 person likes this.
  6. TunerzineJason

TunerzineJason Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I will work on getting some video/sound clips of the intake. Unfortunately no dyno figures on it, but I'm sure HKS will be able to contribute some shortly.

As for getting the products, hit up any of HKS' Authorized Dealers (HKS USA Dealer Search by Country) and tell them you're interested! Give me a few days to work on a good quality video of the intake. Thanks guys!

7. TunerzineJason

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Definitely contact Kyoei USA for the kit. They got it to me in a timely fashion and Jin was awesome to deal with. They also helped me get the visors and mirrors from Japan.

1 person likes this.
  8. TunerzineJason

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's a direct fit kit made for our Gen 3 Prius.

I don't know what availability is like right now, but I am guessing it's a special order part from Japan currently. But if you show your interest with HKS I am sure they'll be more than happy to import some in for all the Prius owners. I'll get some more info from them and post it up ASAP.

9. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Jason, I'm guessing you worked out some sort of sponsorship type of deal with HKS? I just emailed HKS USA about all three products and hopefully will have the info soon. Who did you go through to import the stuff? That's where I need to start. I want that intake something bad!!

10. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    So I got a reply already from HKS USA. really fast I must say. They said the parts are still in the final testing stages so they are not available yet and won't have pricing on any of it until they do become available. He said they should be out sometime 2nd quarter of this year. i am so totally bummed. Oh well, in the meantime it will give Jason time to post the sound clips and such. Maybe he has an inside track that could get them here sooner. I smell group buy!! Jason I'm going to be down your way alot in March so let me know when a good time is to meet up. I'm dying to see your car in person.

11. TunerzineJason

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Yes I did, they were using my car as a test fit for the products. Hopefully you all can get your hands on some soon. I personally won't be handling a group buy on behalf of HKS, but I'm sure they'll get with a dealer to hook you guys up.

I'll let you know when the car's interior is done and put back together and we'll find a way to meet up! Thanks again.

12. shawnb2

shawnb2 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    No, I hear ya. Figured we'd have to find a local dealer to work something out. I can probably work something out with Kenny the owner of Darkside Motoring here in the valley. He has alot of JDM contacts and can get HKS. Will talk to him about it next time I see him.

13. TunerzineJason

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here's some info I got from HKS on the intake and suspension for those that are interested:

As I mentioned before, the coilovers are Hipermax S-Style II that sport a 6/4 spring rate and are 30-way dampening adjustable. The part # on them is 80120-AT118 and they are going to be retailing for $1,995.00.

The intake is their Racing Suction kit, part # 70020-AT021 and retails for $595.00. They also have a Premium Suction Kit available for the Gen 3 Prius which is an intake elbow and uses the stock airbox with their suction filter. The part # on that is 70018-AT005 and retails for $295.00.

If you guys have any more questions feel free to ask away!

14. TunerzineJason

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here are some new photos of the Prius I took today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. 32kcolors

32kcolors Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Looking nice and great pictures! Two suggestions. I know front plate is required in CA, but I'd use color-coded license plate frames (or just lose them entirely) and white-out the license plate holder. It doesn't need to add to the already busy nose.

16. macmaster05

macmaster05 Senor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yeah man. Lose the license plate frames and get some window tints! :D I love your front grill, soooo much better!

17. sc24vr6

sc24vr6 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Its sad to hear someone bump your car :(

I ordered RR in carbon and RR-GT front bumper only, RR should be in end of march

BR

Robert

18. TunerzineJason

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Here's some pics of my new interior done by Infinite Auto Design in Huntington Beach, CA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    So, actually, what you've done is built yourself a car :p

20. v35

v35 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Great choice on wheels, I have them in 19" on my 997.