1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

May 2018 entune update

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by zeepy_aviation, May 3, 2018.

1. zeepy_aviation

zeepy_aviation New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    There is a known issue relating to this update causing issues for users accessing Pandora natively thru the head unit (get an “invalid login” message though the linked login is indeed valid). Spoke with Entune support today and they took down my information.

Appears this is affecting more than just prius but your forum will not allow me to add a link. It is in the Toyota tundra forum.

2. PCPrime

PCPrime Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Try using "dotcom" instead of ".com" for the link address.
    What is the version # after the update?

3. PCPrime

PCPrime Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    double post

4. PCPrime

PCPrime Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Triple post, server problem?

5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If your post "appears" to not go through, just stalls, try refreshing the page before attempting to post again.

6. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    If your post "appears" to not go through, try refreshing the page before attempting to post again.

7. Mendel Leisk

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Well that went well. :ROFLMAO:

Chazz8, mercat68, Lennyz1 and 3 others like this.
  8. Lennyz1

Lennyz1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I have had all kinds of Pandora issues in the past where it will not connect and have to reboot head unit. Toyota said my Galaxy S7 was to blame and it is not them. Not sure I believe it is all Android issues. The past few days I have had no luck getting it to connect and I appreciate the heads up.

Not particularly happy with Toyota and Entune right now.

9. burnout8488

burnout8488 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The next update they push better enable CarPlay. (Yeah, right!) I'm four days into this vehicle and Entune is by far the worst thing about the Prime. It feels like a touchscreen nav headunit I had from 2007 in my Saturn Vue.

10. zeepy_aviation

zeepy_aviation New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I agree, burnout8488. It really is a travesty in 2018 that here Toyota is releasing new cars that support Carplay and they appear to have forgotton us folks who are responsible for keeping much of the buzz about the Prius (and fostering interest in it) alive. I sure hope it is enabled either with an update or that they offer some kind of enhancement to let me be done with this hell that is Entune. Maybe it will get better.

I received a call back a few days ago that Pandora was back up and the login is now working. Yahooooo

burnout8488 and priuscatprimeguy like this.
  11. Diemaster

Diemaster Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Wondering if I just got this update. It said there was one avalible this morning when I went out to breakfast.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

12. ems2158

ems2158 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    There was an update today (5/24/18) for the Entune head unit software but it was not easy to get it installed. I tried 3 different Android phones and finally got it to install with a Moto E4. I was getting a "phone not compatible" message and download fail. The three phones all had Android version 7.0-7.1.

Don't know what was changed in the Entune software but the navigation and voice recognition is still reminiscent of some navigation software from the 10 years ago.

13. followingalex

followingalex Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I got the notification about a mandatory update as well, there are no release notes published, everything downloaded & installed fast and easy for me - but I have no idea what was installed. I can only assume the update was GDPR & bug fixes? nothing changed, nothing added, and worst of all, I can't find anything online about this update! not even from the source! that in it of itself is ridiculous. How do you push out an update without any documentation, not even a generic tag line. If anyone has found any post about this update, please share.

14. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The information about what was being updated was right on the screen. All I had to do was select update details. It was just Entune app updates like Pandora, etc., etc. It even gives the option to delay the update until later.