1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

May Day demonstrations

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by NoMoShocks, May 2, 2007.

1. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    People,

Have some compassion for Christ's sake. For once in your pathetic lives, be generous to people who didn't grow up with anything near the advantages you had, and who don't have the potential to earn near what you earn.

These are HUMAN BEINGS. They all deserve a fair shake. Let the ones who want to work legally go through the process. If they don't want to work legally, send them home. We need to remember the statue of liberty, that is a symbol that shouldn't mean anything other than Welcome.

Don't sit there with your white overfed bellies sticking out and say they're all illegals. They aren't. They all deserve a chance to be here. Give them guest worker status, a visa, or citizenship if they want it. They came here because they wanted to come here. And believe it or not, Mexican people are nice people. Get to know some and you'll see. We're so lucky to have two great countries as neighbors.

THINK!

2. Bill60546

Bill60546 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hows this for a solution? Lets implement Mexico's immigration laws.

3. priusmaybe

priusmaybe New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill60546 @ May 2 2007, 09:45 PM) [snapback]434415[/snapback]</div>
    Good Idea Bill!

4. Clar

Clar Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveLeePrius @ May 2 2007, 09:15 PM) [snapback]434392[/snapback]</div>
    I would have compassion for them if they follow US immigration law no matter how unfair it is. My relatives waited more than a decade since they applied for immigration visa. Finally they got the visa last year. Why should illegal immigrants be so special?

I don't like a lot of laws and regulations that US have, but i still have to follow it.

On a lighter note, another way to get rid of illegal immigrants is to annex Mexico and let it become our 51st state.

5. iaowings

iaowings New Member

I am more middle of the road but lean toward conservativism. I say who give a flip about illegal. Just make them legal and let them work and contribute to the tax base. Why do they have to go through so much and pay so much money to be citizens? This is a load of crap if you ask me. I have fought along side non-citizens and let me tell you they work harder and have more medals and awards than a lot of citizens I know. I don’t care what or who you are I say welcome to my country and I hope you make it your own. And before anyone says anything about flags and language. I see German flags, Spanish flags, and French flags in shops I visit. Does that mean the citizen who owns the store and is proud if his background is less of an American? We all came from other countries so what claim to we have to America. We stand up for America, we fight when she asks us to (well some do and others run and hide but that is the way of things.), we speak our minds about her even when she wants us to shut up, and we work to pay taxes to support her. my grandfather (100% German and proud of it)fought in Germany because his country asked him to is he less of an American for loving the land of his heritage.

Let people become citizens, let them work for their new country, let their children have the education they never had as kids, let them be free, and let them vote. that is what America was in its beginnings have we forgotten that.

I may not agree with what you are saying, but I am willing to fight to the death your right to say it. Voltaire

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusmaybe @ May 2 2007, 05:01 PM) [snapback]434352[/snapback]</div>
    First half wrong; second half right: They use fake social security numbers. The company withholds payroll tax, which is typically more than the actual tax due, which is why most payroll workers get a refund. But the undocumented workers have used fake social security numbers, so they get no refund. The IRS gets the tax money, but makes no effort to track down the people who used those numbers, because their main concern is bringing in money.

End result: the vast majority of undocumented workers pay more than their fair share of income taxes. Plus the sales tax (which maybe you don't care about, but the state sure does) and the indirect property tax which landlords pass along to renters.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ May 2 2007, 05:46 PM) [snapback]434380[/snapback]</div>
    So let's blame the poorest, hardest-working people, because they cannot vote, rather than blaming the people who are really responsible for the present economic mess?

Immigrants are not responsible for the financial crises our country is in. It's the illegal war, the tax cuts for the rich, the corrupt politicians, the robber-baron corporations, etc. But it's easier to blame the outcasts. Throughout history, demagogs have blamed the most powerless people in their society for the problems, when it's the ruling class that made the decisions that created the problems.

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ May 2 2007, 11:31 AM) [snapback]434011[/snapback]</div>
    Our "Mexican" problem would have been solved if we just bought the whole thing after winning the Mexican-American War instead of the half we wanted. The states and the IRS should crack down on all the employers of the illegal aliens. Cut off the jobs and the welfare and they'll leave on their own. Just where in the Constitution does it state that every person is entitled to medical treatment? Maybe the next time I go to the doctor I should tell them that I am an illegal alien, have no money, and he has to se me anyway. In other countries if illegal aliens demonstrated the authorities would have cleared the streets--one way or another.

8. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I do have some compassion and empathy. I just want the damn demonstrations demanding handouts as a right to stop. People say they fill jobs others would not take, but if wellfare was not so readily available, maybe more would be interrested in those jobs.

And I am not sure about the Fake SSN = no refund = paying higher share of taxes. What is to stop an undocumented illegal from claiming a boatload of personal exemptions to reduce their withholding? If they say they have 12 children, who would doubt it?

Mostly, I was dissapointed that Jack In the Box was closed when I needed to feed my big fat while belly.

9. iaowings

iaowings New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ May 2 2007, 10:58 PM) [snapback]434466[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah in other country when you speak out against the countries leader your kids are killed and hung from walls to show that disobedience will not be tolerated. I am so glad that here people can demonstrate for any reason and not worry about dying or having their families killed.

When I see people protesting our military and talking bad about service men and women and no one shoots them or worse I thank God they can do that. I have seen extreme and I thank god our biggest worry is that we can’t get greasy nasty fast food when we want it. (don’t get me wrong I love nasty greasy fast food)

10. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimN @ May 2 2007, 07:58 PM) [snapback]434466[/snapback]</div>
    LAPD did just that.

[Highlights]

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ May 2 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]434003[/snapback]</div>

Your right I don't.. :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(F8L @ May 2 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]434346[/snapback]</div>
    Nooooo, I refuse to give up My coffee & doghnuts!!!! I'll turn over my twinkies when they pry them from my cold dead fingers.... :D

12. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Things I know and things I think: The last time this nation had a serious illegal immigrant discussion was in the mid 80s. Then Regan took the easy way out and simply declared everyone legal as of a certain date. So, any illegal alien entered the country after that date certain which was not all that far in the past.

In the 1960's the highest paid CEO was paid about 10 times the lowest paid worker. Now it is near 500 times. There is plenty of money there to be had.

It is impossible for this country to control immigration with open borders.

Illegals mainly come here to work and better the lives of their families.

Employers are the open door through which most illegals enter.

Most of the dissing of illegals is based on legals having to pay increased costs to cover illegals' use of services, not the fact that they want to be here at all.

How about if we soften the gap between the highest and lowest paid by severely reducing the income of the highest paid?

How about if we substantially raise taxes on all workers and offer refunds to those who file tax returns?

How about total corporate reform including taxation?

How about severe fines for hiring illegals?

How about redefining immigration policy and deleting the preferred treatment to those born of illegals?

How about welcoming with open arms those who go through the correct immigration procedure?

How about ...???

13. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ May 2 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]434091[/snapback]</div>
    Great point, I wholeheartedly agree.

14. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveLeePrius @ May 2 2007, 09:15 PM) [snapback]434392[/snapback]</div>
    That is about the most idiotic statement I've ever heard! How dare you mention white people. This was OUR country, not Mexico's. And if their GD corrupt govt. took care of their own we wouldn't be stuck with them. Who filled your head with these stupid ideas?? What the hell kind of an American are you? I know CITIZENS who can't get help, but by God guys like you will roll out the red carpet for illegal Aliens You are insane.

15. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ May 3 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]434953[/snapback]</div>
    Only after the European immigrants stole it from the indigenous population.

16. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mystery Squid @ May 2 2007, 03:38 PM) [snapback]434170[/snapback]</div>
    I don't give a F**k about that 3rd world pesthole-you go live there. It seems I read one of your posts that said you come from a wealthy family. I'm sick of idiots like you trying to defend Illegal Aliens! F**k that "human being" crap. Lrt them stay in their own GD country. This country does not need anymore immigrants-legal or illegal. 300 million is more than enough people in this country.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusmaybe @ May 2 2007, 02:19 PM) [snapback]434113[/snapback]</div>
    I'm with you. Why not put them on the chain gangs? The State can use their free labor to offset the financial drain GA is incurring.

17. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ May 3 2007, 01:17 PM) [snapback]434964[/snapback]</div>

WOW! You have some serious issues you might want to seek help for. Actually I seem to remember similar intolerant and anti-social sentiments from you before.

Like it or not globalization has thrust us into a situation that REQUIRES cooperation, not segregation or combat. Closing everything off and hiding in a "shell" while you steal from other nations will not work in the long term. Not on a scale like this.

Your obvious hatred of other races and lack of recognition for indigenous peoples who occupied this land before us is rather disgusting and definately not what we need at time when populations and environmental stresses are so high.

18. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ May 3 2007, 03:25 PM) [snapback]434964[/snapback]</div>
    After wading through the amount of vitriol in your post, I'm feeling pretty pathetic for agreeing with folks who believe as you do.

May I have a take-over?

-------------------

I think I've posted this before, but, it might be a good way to deter illegal immigration:

[attachmentid=7839]

Attached Files:

19. iaowings

iaowings New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Walker1 @ May 3 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]434964[/snapback]</div>
    You are one of many here who are brain-dead xenophobic morally deprived zealots who haven’t a clue of the history of this country.

Fore the people by the people. The people were immigrants.

20. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I said: "We can't take care of our own people, pure and simple, at least with our current priorities. So, until those priorites change, I don't see anything else changing either..."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ May 2 2007, 09:49 PM) [snapback]434458[/snapback]</div>
    I am NOT blaming "the poorest, hardest working people" (whoever they are). I am NOT blaming the outcasts, either, and wish you wouldn't put these words in my mouth. Read the above quote more slowly, then respond again if you'd like.