1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

May I know the out the door price of a Prius C TWO?

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by zmarcoz, Oct 19, 2013.

1. zmarcoz

zmarcoz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I am buying my first car and need help.
    For a Prius C TWO 2013, a dealer told me that $26000. The other one told one $22000. The price difference is huge. I want to know roughly how much the out the door price. Please help

THanks

2. SwhitePC

SwhitePC Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    OMFG, don't do it!!!

the $26,000 OTD price is way way way overprice for a trim 2 prius c

my prius c trim 2 was $22,000 OTD before $1k rebate (manufacturer and military rebate)...also got the 1.9% APR for 60months (which toyota was offering at the time for a prius c) and that was 6months ago when the year was just sort of hitting off...so now you can definitely do better than $22k OTD for a trim 2

I know that now the year is ending, you can probably get a whole lot better deal on a prius c trim 2 (unless of course you live in the boondocks and don't have many toyota dealers to chose from)...I can even see on many car buying website that a prius c trim 2 is being offered by many toyotas with dealer discounts before rebate for $18.5k or so and that would make OTD price around $20.5k or so...

SO you should do more research and haggling (also KNOW your credit score!!! because if you have over 700 or so you can probably qualify for the 0% APR 60months Toyota is offering right now), heck even lie to the Dealers that you have a pre-approved loan for so and so and see what they can do for you.

AND always negotiate a solid price quote online before even stepping foot in the dealer (a friend of mine just bought a prius c trim 4 easily negotiating $25,300 0% APR for a prius C trim 4, without even setting foot into the dealership other than to go sign the paperwork and drive car home)

...even a prius c trim 4's OTD price is lower than the $26,000 OTD whatever Toyota dealer is offering you.

3. zmarcoz

zmarcoz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for your reply. You know what the bad dealer ($26,000 Prius C Two) told me $28,000 the first time. I asked the guy whether he was sure that I wanted a "Prius C ". Then he said " I am sorry I made a mistake I thought you want a regular Prius" Then he gave me the $26,000 out door price.

4. bluckley

bluckley New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I recently had some Prius c Package 3 negotiations. Got it for about 10% below MSRP. I imagine you should be able to at least get a similar deal. Everything else afterward was legitimate tax (sales tax, DMV registration, etc.). This added about 10% to the deal - so about even in the end with MSRP haha.

5. Daniel Moore

Daniel Moore Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

I got mine for $20051.45 Prius C 2 and $8500.00 trade in on my 08 Ford Focus four months ago.

6. johnhlong

johnhlong Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If you belong to or join Costco they have a fixed price with most Dealerships. (They will give you a list of dealerships).

I think it was Invoice - $200.00 / no hassles fixed price. (Not List Price)
    Just pick out the car you want.

If you join Costco and don't get the deal you like, Costco will refund your membership price.

John

7. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    $18,988 price - $200 in fees, and KY taxes. 0% Toyota financing.

8. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I bought mine 10-4-13 paid out the door 20,790 that includes plates $196, title fee $77, electonic filing fee $75 so the price of the car was 20442 for 2013 prius c with levil 2 options, it also had carpet floor mats for front rear and hatch area. not sure if that was extra I didn't keep that part of paperwork. also oregon has no sales tax and I think our title and plate cost is lower than most states. Hope this helps:)

We also got 0% financing for 5 years with 0 down, and no trade

9. JG2

JG2 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    $20,200 OTD. Includes 6% sales tax. Purchased 9/27/13 Maryland.

10. RichJabo

RichJabo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Check the price on truecar.com

11. KYBlue

KYBlue Active Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    The dealer I got mine from has one with one minor hail dent near the antenna on the roof for 17k. I'd be all over it had I not bought mine! Check it out on ebay, it's white and from Hutchinson, KS.

12. Larry Greenwald

Larry Greenwald Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    26K for a Prius C Two? Outrageous! I got a C Four, plus sunroof for 24K out the door.

13. zmarcoz

zmarcoz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Just bought my 2013 C Two moonglow yesterday 10/27/13. OTD$21000 . California

xraydoug likes this.
  14. Ursamajor

Ursamajor Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations. Out of curiosity, which California dealer gave you the $26,000 quote?

15. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.(y)

16. ShirLit

ShirLit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    Two
    Purchased November 8,2013 (two days ago) $21,590 OTD before tax and license. This was $1500 more than we had originally negotiated, but to get the color I wanted, the nearest dealership willing to release it was 200 miles away. So they drove it down from Jacksonville to Tampa and THEN we were told that THIS car had the protection package on it (clear film on the part of the hood and mirrors) and included an extra year of free maintenance (3 years total: oil changes, tire rotations), connectivity, interior and exterior warranty, hence "protection plan". That also includes roadside assistance, free car rental if a repair will take longer than 24 hours. Anyway, long story short, we paid more for something we didn't originally want. But I didn't want a different color because I'm picky that way :p . We almost walked out several times, in fact my husband retreated to another room within the dealership and I had to play negotiator. In the end, they had to adjust-up what they gave me as a trade in on my 2008 Honda Fit (in excellent condition with 78,500 miles on it - $7687.65 trade-in) and I now have my car. My husband still thinks we paid too much, so if he's wrong, please say so. It would make him feel better.(y)

17. xraydoug

xraydoug Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    you payed about 1k more than I did. but you had a trade and if they gave you a good price for it you did fine. i always sell mine on craigs list and this makes it easier for me to know how much they are making off me.

how do you like the way it drives compaired to the fit? is it louder than the fit? what mpg did you get in your fit? Im thinking about a car for my kids and I dont want to spend to much. thanks:D

18. ShirLit

ShirLit Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    Two
    I love the way it drives. It's a little weird getting used to the little noises of a hybrid, but I won't even notice pretty soon. I'd say it drives very similarly to the Fit, it's quieter than the Fit though the Fit wasn't noisy. I got 32-33 mpg consistently with mixed driving - which I thought was a little pathetic considering how small the car is. On a hwy trip it would do much better. ONE TIME, I got 40mpg - that was freeway for the whole tank, cruise set at 72. Usually it would be in the high 30's on a highway trip. The Fit was peppier than the 'c' but I'll adjust. We definitely would have gotten more selling it ourselves but we hate people so we don't like doing stuff like that!! LOL :p (We say we hate people, but really, we hate DEALING with people). So it was worth it to us not to hassle with selling.

19. fallbark

fallbark Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    A little late to the party, but I wanted to thank the posters in this thread for the inspiration while hunting down a good deal.

Purchased yesterday - $19.5 OTD after $500 trade-in, C2 2013.

So excited to be part of the club!

xraydoug likes this.
  20. KeepitSimple

KeepitSimple Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am in the market for a prius c 2. All the help is appreciated.