1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maybe Al ain't so 'green'?

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by wstander, Aug 10, 2006.

1. wstander

wstander New Member

2. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

First let me clarify that I am not a Gore supporter, didn't vote for him before and would DEFINATELY NOT vote for him in the future. that made clear...

Why are you participating with trying to knock down Gore?

Shouldn't you be joining the rest of the country's thinking people and lambasting Jr. for all his lies, deciet and crimes against humanity?

Gore is a has-been.
    Jr. is the current problem
    Blame Clinton, attack Gore, but don't try to make the current administration accountable for all the evil they have laid on the world.

Niiice.

3. andrewgs

andrewgs I Pity Da Foo!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Typical politicians.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Aug 10 2006, 01:14 PM) [snapback]300951[/snapback]</div>
    Not everyone believes that BS.

4. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Aug 10 2006, 11:14 AM) [snapback]300951[/snapback]</div>

In case you did not notice in your bloodfilled eyes hatred of George W. Bush, the topic is:\\ENVIRONMENTAL DISCUSSION//

I might remind you, though you are too obtuse to notice, that it is Al Gore, Jr. who has been beating the drum about how we are killing the planet by not adopting his precepts and guidelines.

never mind, some are just toooooooo thick

5. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am not knocking Gore because of his actions under the Clinton administration, but his actions since then. If he is claiming that the sky is falling and WE should do something, HE should lead by example or be quiet. Or at least be honest and say, I want you to do it so I don't have to.

Now, don't respond to this with a Bush should do the same response, I'm sure with a little thought even I could cite a littany of "do as I say, not as I do's: from the current administration. That should not be a shield to the criticism of Gore for his claims since leaving office.

6. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think it's almost impossible to lead one's life as completely green these days. I don't know of many investment firms that participate solely in green stocks. but, he probably doesn't live the rest of his life too green either. i really could care less if he practices what he preaches. he's been an important source of much discussion on the gw front. that's enough for me.

7. B Rad

B Rad New Member

He owns a Hybrid and his daughter actually drives a Prius. If every family, that could, would do just that little bit, we could end the oil wars.....

Gore in 08

8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

This is along the lines of "you can't be a vegetarian and wear leather shoes". The reason I stopped being a vegetarian - the more you try to do to help the cause, the more you learn about what you're doing that's wrong. That kind of thinking is unproductive. If you take an argument like this to its logical conclusion, the only option is suicide. The real answer is moderation.

9. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wstander @ Aug 10 2006, 01:04 PM) [snapback]300941[/snapback]</div> Yup. Just like GDubYa and D!ck don't support the war cause they aren't in Iraq armed and duking it out with the terrorists.

10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 10 2006, 07:27 PM) [snapback]301201[/snapback]</div>
    I think that the complaint there is that Bush & Chaney used their social status and a bit of foul play to avoid serving in Vietnam, not that they aren't serving now.

11. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dragonfly @ Aug 10 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]301264[/snapback]</div>
    Well I'd prefer that they'd tag team and go wrestling with OBL and Hussein for the whole kit and kaboodle of the middleleast.

12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(burritos @ Aug 10 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]301272[/snapback]</div>
    Now that's just not fair, Dick's got a heart condition!!! ;)

13. RichBoy

RichBoy New Member

Fact : GWB is why we have a Tax Credit for the Prius.
    Fact : Al Gore has a polluted Zinc Mine on his family home.
    Al Gore is a creepy , weird hypocrite and his wife is so anti-video game it makes you wonder if they even CARE about young people at all.

14. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If he was really trying to be green, Gore would drop the private jet, still demand Paramount Classics pay the renewable energy credits, and fly commercial.

Oh, wait. That would be asking too much of someone of his stature and convictions.

Freakin' mega hypocrite! :rolleyes:

As much as I can't stand Woody Harrelson, at least I admire him for living the ecologically correct lifestyle he preaches.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woody_Harrelson

Gore in 08!!! :D Gore in 08!!! :D Gore in 08!!! :D
    YES! Great idea!!!!! Best way to guarantee another Republican presidency. :p

15. Mirza

Mirza New Member

16. Mirza

Mirza New Member

While watching his documentary, one gets the sense of the pain he is in. I can definitely relate because it's difficult to implement some of your personal convictions within the society we live in, and the kinds of attitudes it promotes.

For example, I would love to purchase a set of solar panels... but because of education I won't be able to afford them for some 8-10 years.

Gore's case is obviously different... and if such articles can make him further develop his personal convictions, then maybe I won't think of them as so counterproductive.

17. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 11 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]301517[/snapback]</div>

Okay, aside from being a 'voice' what has Al Jr. done that each of we Prius owners and more (like Darell and his Pv and Ev) have not also done?

And, just so you know, no matter who it is, hipocrisy DEMANDS criticism. PERIOd1.

18. wilco

wilco New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Aug 11 2006, 12:47 AM) [snapback]301372[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: agreed. Why are the Dems their own worst enemy? (rhetorical)

19. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mirza @ Aug 11 2006, 09:18 AM) [snapback]301517[/snapback]</div>
    I love this thinking:

'I, the master race, will decide how much I am plluting and I will decide what that is worth and then I will 'donate' a few thousand bucks to a 'cause' for which I get to thump my chest about...'

Paramount is no better at playing GReen than is GM or Al Gore; they each just have an audience to listen to them.

And we get to underwrite, through these stupic 'carbon footprint' processes, their ecology efforts all the while still suffering the stench from their jets and debris of their labors...

20. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't believe the pollution from this documentary production is necessarily a bad thing. IF it brings the topic to the mind of many individuals on this planet who were either clueless or IF the documentary persuades the naysayers to transition their lives to reside on this planet in a more eco responsible fashion. In this case, the pollution from the production can be more than offset. Ultimately, I would hope that the documentary acts as a catalyst for many around the globe to solicit a positive response from their respective government. If we can change the thinking of our collective conscience, enact rigid penalties for polluters, provide monetary credit to those individuals and businesses that implement alternative energies and we start incorporating these ideals in our every day lives, the production pollution will be negligible. Top EPA officials have resigned due to the sensoring of their comments from the current administration. If this is the only method of getting the gw message out, it's okee dokey by me. Personal opinions about the messenger should be put aside so long as there's sound science/data behind the message (I cannot comment on this as I haven't yet seen the film. I am committed to viewing it however) Oh, I'm hoping he's donating all of the profits the documentary makes to gw causes! Anyone know if he is??????