1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maybe another member - 2015 Prius v model 3

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Drewintoledo, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Drewintoledo

Drewintoledo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thinking hard about this... I have the dealer down to $24,700. Does this reasonable? I may pick it up tomorrow.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! good price for a three i think, but every geographic area is different. all the best!(y)

3. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Not too shabby of a price. In your area, you should consider a good set of snow tires and a second set of rims for the snow's.

Former Gahanna, OH resident here.

Best of luck to you. (y)

4. Drewintoledo

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the snow advice old neighbor. I have a crew cab long bed Silverado diesel duramax for the snow! ;) I'm looking for the opposite extreme for the better weather.

dorunron likes this.
  5. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I am sure that v will make you happy. Only reason I have the hatch back is the higher MPG. I do like the v though. Best of luck to you.

6. Drewintoledo

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Right on. I am looking at the v because I'm a tall dude and need the space. I am VERY impressed with the room in there when I test drove.

7. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Drew,

If you are NOT going to be driving the v year round, I strongly suggest you invest in a GOOD SMART charger/maintainer for the 12 volt battery. The Prius battery is wimpy to say the least, and if the Prius is not driven regularly some have problems with the 12 volt not holding up. But it seems if you keep them fully charged, the batteries (12 volt) seem to last longer. Do some reading on this subject. Lot's of post here on Prius Chat about 12 volt battery. Google search works well.

Oh, that battery is also expensive. Not your typical WalMart battery.

Best of luck to you man. (y)

8. Drewintoledo

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the feedback thus far and the tip on the battery tender.
    My choice is down to deciding between the the Prius and the Ford CMAX.
    Honestly, when I took a spin in the Prius yesterday, I felt a sense of "tin caniness" where I could "feel" the road, which I didn't like. Of course, I'm used to a Buick Roadmaster, which is like driving a sofa down the road. So today, I decided to give the CMAX a go and I liked it--a lot. It was more responsive and just felt better on the road. It also felt roomier in the cabin, except for the leg area. It's obvously not as effecient but it has a larger motor, larger wheels and it's overall a more comfortable and quieter ride. The issue with the CMAX that I found was that I didn't have much side leg room. I'm 6'3" and I felt confined mainly because of the center column that connects the arm rest with the dash. It really confined my knees. I just couldn't keep from interfering with this center pillar which I feel would eventually lead to fatigue on long trips. The prius does not have this issue and that's what ultimately led me to opting for the Prius. On a patriotic note, I don't apprecaite the fact that 100% of the parts and 100% of the labor is sourced in Japan so that's something I need to deal with. Anyhow, I left the Ford dealship after driving the CMAX and went back to a different Toyota shop and took another 2015 Prius v for a spin. For whatever reason I didn't feel the road so much even though it was an identical Prius model as the other dealship had that I test drove. Maybe it's the tires. Overall, I feel like a made a wise and economical choice and I proved to myself that I am not in a mid-life crises choosing this car. I'll be picking it up today.

dorunron likes this.
  9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! when we make a car that competes with prius, we'll both buy it!(y) but ford, chrysler and gm will be fine, as long as the economy is good and gas prices are low.

Drewintoledo likes this.
  10. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    May your ownership experience be as positive as mine.

I replaced a Porsche/CRV combination and choose the v because of its utility, reputation, and economy. Plus, because of its unusual display, it was kind of fun to drive. Not the quietest. Not the quickest. But functional as heck and after 3+ years and 27k+ miles it hasn't even needed wiper blades.

As you can see, I added three things to the v Three:
    1, Weathertech mats
    2. DRLs
    3. Softec upholstery to replace the cloth because I was worried about the armrests and sweat/suntan lotion in warm weather.

Drewintoledo likes this.
  11. Drewintoledo

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I picked up the Prius yesterday and I had buyer's remorse all last night and this morning. You see, I've never purchased a new car before. But I started convincing myself that this beast will be uber-reliable and hyper efficient. I must say that I had to drive about 120 miles today and loved it! And, I'm really happy that I bought the "3" version of the Prius v. I think it's my personal sweetspot of options.
    It's going to take some time to learn how to drive again, but I was getting about 45MPG out, and about 32MPG back. Coming back, I was driving along Lake Erie and was hitting a heavy wind coming off of the lake. Either way, this is great since I know this baby will get better mileage after she breaks in. I haven't messed with tire pressure yet, but I do understand I want about 42PSI in the front and about 40 PSI in the rear. It's also cold right now, so I can only expect great things in the future.
    Funny you mention the Weathertech mats. I ordered those as soon as I decided to purchase the car. My father has them in his CRV and I really appreciate the utilitairianism of them. Yeah, that's a new word I just made up! :)
    I'm unsure what a "DRL" is yet, but I'll figure that out. (EDIT: Daytime running lights)
    Oh, and when I bought the car, I was certain to purchase cloth. I don't like leather--especially in the summer while wearing shorts. Also, I feel that it's not necessary to have a seat warmer if I didn't have leather. Cloth is just my personal preference so that's was in my prerequisites.

#11 Drewintoledo, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2016
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well done!:)

Drewintoledo likes this.