1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maybe its not for me?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Bianchi, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Bianchi

Bianchi New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think either Wednesday or Saturday I am going to take a 2012 prius 2 out for a test drive and see how it goes.

dmvp likes this.
  2. dmvp

dmvp Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I don't think anyone asked this yet so, "do you plan to stay living in downtown Chicago for more than 5 years?" That is something I'd consider as well. So that your purchase isn't only limited to the now...but also the later. Assuming you won't want to purchase another vehicle in a short amount of time.

Most of my drives are short trips to the grocery store, which is less than 2 miles away, in the far NW suburbs of Chicago. I also make jaunts of about 7 miles to the nearest larger town for shopping. I still average from 48/52 mpg while driving in normal mode and not doing anything else special. Winter driving will drop the average down some, I don't have winter tires, and believe the Prius does an excellent job in snow.

If you enjoy your test drive, then I'd say go for it! Get what you want and enjoy it while you can!

3. Bianchi

Bianchi New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't live in dowtown and actually don't work in the loop either. but yes 4th gen Chicagoan and don't plan on changing that for my kids (5th gen) either.

The goal is if I buy the prius I will drive it into the ground. Well that was my goal with the Sonata too ;)

dmvp likes this.