1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Maybe some good news

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by bwilson4web, Jan 15, 2020.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Source: James Murdoch's attack on News Corp and Fox News 'not discussed by board' | Media | The Guardian

. . .
    On Wednesday James Murdoch, Rupert Murdoch’s son and a News Corp director, issued a joint statement with his wife, Kathryn Murdoch, in which the couple said they were frustrated by coverage of the climate crisis by Fox News and News Corp.

“They are particularly disappointed with the ongoing denial among the news outlets in Australia given obvious evidence to the contrary,” a spokesperson for the couple said.
    . . .

Murdoch news has been following Nero's example, “fiddled while Rome burned.”

Bob Wilson

edthefox5 likes this.
  2. noonm

noonm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."

So I wouldn't hold my breath on an about face by News Corp or Fox News on Climate Change.

3. tochatihu

tochatihu Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    There is a large degree of optimism in anyone talking about good news in connection with Australia fires. He did day "maybe" though.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Australia bushfires factcheck: are this year's fires unprecedented? | Australia news | The Guardian

Not to diminish the possibility that Mankind's activity may very well be a contributory cause to global warming - but when the notion is coupled with the idea that it's the greatest evil of the past hundred years or longer? It really diminishes historic events like the slaughtering untold 10's of millions under the rule of the likes of Pol Pot, Mao Zedong - Jo Stalin - Hitler, not to forget the evils of drug wars & tribal slaughterings in Africa. With respect to those who differ - calling a spade a spade, possible man-made global warming is not the greatest evil of mankind's existence.

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    A potential editorial change seems a little over the top to compare with famous crimes in history. Shall we instead discuss Masada, Carthage, Able and Cain?

Perspective, seeing News Corp moving towards facts and data is a good thing. It is not the ‘Second Coming.’

Bob Wilson