1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mechanic for engine swap in Raleigh NC?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by MikeMcCa, May 15, 2020.

1. MikeMcCa

MikeMcCa New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I posted some info about my car in the technical forum- long story short is that I bought a 2010 Prius w 192K and started driving it a few weeks ago. Car had some issues initially, but seemed to be running and driving well, with no odd lights, no noticeable loss of oil or coolant. Yesterday, as I was driving on an onramp I heard a clatter and pulled over. Oil was all over the bottom of the engine bay, looked like a piston arm was down there too. I'm about $5500 into this car, so I have to have someone put another engine in, likely a JDM. I'm Raleigh NC. Costs for labor at the independent shops I've called have been insane- cheapest was an estimate of over $2000 just for the work. I've heard it's somewhat time consuming, but ultimately pretty simple to do the swap. I am definitely not up to doing it myself. Does anyone know of someone who did a swap for them in the Raleigh area for a reasonable price?

2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Curious if you found someone.

3. bettergolf

bettergolf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model: