1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Meet Boaz, my 2007 Ford Mustang.

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TJandGENESIS, Aug 27, 2008.

1. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    As a preacher, I kind of have an answer for that. But how long will joy last? Forever.

Thanks! The Sprite, now that is a dream car!

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yep that's right TJ everyone has a dream even I have them but Doc expressed a need, whereas yours was just a desire. Doc had 3 kids, bunch of stuff to carry along and as far as I know you can't put three kids in car seats in a Highlander Hybrid. I have the seven seat version and who the hell wants to crawl all the way in the back to hook some kid up or have to try and get to one in an emergency? It's not the fact that you purchased your dream car, good for anyone that can do that but rather the derogatory remarks and vile statements you heaped upon him. Sure this is America go ahead and voice your opinion but the doggedness with which you pursued him post after post and the snide smug remarks you repeated over and over and over were completely uncalled for and mean-spirited. :mad: I'd ask how the payback felt but I can tell that you’re a man with no conscious, so I’m not going to bother. Yes indeed enjoy your new car, I'd rather have a 60's stang convertible or 65 GTO convertible myself. At least that would not have lost thousands of dollars in value the minute you drove it off the lot. LOL! I'm out of here. :rapture:

Wildkow

3. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Which could have been fulfilled by a Hybrid, of many types, from many brands. Including the Toyota Highlander Hybrid. Which, once, I did indeed fit three kids with car seats in, with no problem. (Friends of mine). So his need could have been met with a Hybrid, before the Lincoln.

Oh, please, you monkey. It's the INTERNETS, where words don't mean a thing. I just called you a monkey. You have no idea if by the word monkey I meant it a harmful way, or if I was joking, or neither. I could mean monkey in the same way some of the English do, like 'cheeky monkey'.

If you can't handle the heat of the internets, then don't log on.
    Simple.

You cheeky monkey you!

Now that made me laugh. You don't know me, you little dude. Another example just given: For instance, you may be a large dude. You may be a woman. Again, I don't know you, I won't presume that you have a conscious or not. You may. You maybe an atheist. Not sure. But until I have the benefit of meeting someone in the real world, people on the internet are just a bunch of words. Some use kind words, some don't, some use both. Just like the real world.

I don't really care about the value; otherwise, why would I trade a higher valued car for a lesser one? See, if I was to put this into a spiritual way, the Mustang reaches my soul. And my soul has no value to me, as in monetary, and since I plan on owning this until I die, no problems with the value. Someone could offer me a million, and I would not take it . Just like my soul is not for sale, neither is my Mustang.

Now, really, if you don't have anything nice to say, I'll leave you with a kind word of goodwill!

:wave:

4. Lola'05

Lola'05 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey, you have already lost a good part of your foot to a medical diagnosis. Drive that ugly orange Mustang and smile. That smile is so important to the quality of life. I know. The last several months have been very stressful , and I just got my old Explorer updated. I picked him up last night, drove the 6 cylinder, 5-speed manual transmission...and I smiled again. Something to be said about the quality of life.

5. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I would have insisted on the GT. ;)

6. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This thread started out pretty good. I was thinking to myself, "good for you". It sounds like you do your part in most situations to be a good steward of the land. After all you still own a Prius and you opted for the smaller engine in the Mustang.

Then the past posts were brought up. I read the posts, and examined the context. Some of these posts were vicious attacks from a soap box. I have nothing but respect for those doing what they feel is right and as long as they practice what they preach I have no problem with someone getting on the soap box from time to time. I'm sorry life dealt you a few curve balls, but looking back on your posts it's clear they're now full of hypocrisy...which is sad.

I drive my Prius 99% of the time. My other vehicle was number 6 on the most polluting vehicles currently on the market. It's a SUV that manages to get to 60mph in under 4.5 seconds and run 170mph. You'll never see me on a soap box because I don't deserve to be there. All I can say is I enjoy cars, like you, and I make sure I only drive this polluter every now and then. It's more of a hobby and sometimes 2-3 weeks go by without me driving it. When I do drive it, it's usually only 10 or so miles when I need to take a selfish moment and enjoy life Sunday morning after a stressful week slaying dragons at the office. :)

Once again the difference here is I'm not perfect, but you'll never see me on a soap box preaching to others about saving the planet unless I'm darn sure I'm always going to follow my own advice. I hope you understand that most on this forum would have been completely happy for you if it were not for your very strong stance in the past. To me you clearly deserve to have a bit of fun and enjoy your dream car... but if the shoe was on the other foot would you be as happy for someone else...or would you viciously attack them?

7. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    And a used one at that. Recycling.

Eh, words. Nothing more, nothing less. IF I TYPE IN ALL CAPITALS, people think I am mad, when I could just have a stuck caps lock. In debates, one can say things, be enemies, and then go out for a beer after it. It really is that simple to me. Some of my best friends have argued with me on subjects dear to our hearts, and when it's all said and done, no loss of friendship.
    But on the internets, you just can't tell what is going on with the person. No body language to read. I could have had a bad day. A bad year. Who knows? I can't worry about it. I can't change it. It's in the past. People change. People who voted for Bush the first time (like I did), voted against him the second time (like I did). That is a example of change.

If you wish to see it that way, fine. I still have my earth friendly ways, I still have my Prius, I still recycle, I still am going to vote for Obama, nothing that radical has changed with me.
    I am still a pro choice preacher who doesn't give a damn if you are saved or not. I am still the same person I was before.

I still think if you need a SUV, and you have a serious need for one, and you have driven/owned a Hybrid, then you chould by all means drive a Hybrid SUV. Period. A hypercrite would go back on their words, when I have not. I am still saying the same thing about Doc and his choice. Again, about HIS choice and his postion on the MPG of his behoumth Lincoln.

If by owning a Mustang you think I have changed my views on owning a gas gussling SUV, when Hybrid SUVS are around, then you are wrong. Sorry.

At least you are honest with your reasons.
    My point with Doc, was he came in here spouting about how great the Lincoln was for the environment, how he could not fit everything he needed into a Hybrid SUV, which is just not true. I mentioned the various models of Hybrid SUVS out there, some larger then the Highlander. I have said it this thread: If there was a Hybrid Mustang, I would love to have one, in theory.

Times change, people change. But in this case, I have helped another family; the dealer called me today; the family that bought the Highlander wanted to leave me a note of gratitude, since they were able to get rid of a gas guzzler, and get a Hybrid with low miles, for far less then they could have otherwise afford. Now, doesn't that make the planet happier in some small way?

My advice is, and will be, if you need a SUV, get a Hybrid. I have not changed from that. I do not need a SUV as it turns out. To be honest, I do not need any car, nor do any of us, but who is going to buy that? A car is still a luxury, that makes life easier. I know that.

We all (with some exceptions), drive because we want to. We want to get there faster, comfortably, and with the least amount of wasted fuel in these hard economic times.

My Mustang will average the same MPG as the HyHi most of the time, with exceptions already noted in this thread. It will get better MPG because it is not a 8 cyl car. It will get better MPG because I am not a lead foot. I treat my cars very well. I was, and still consider myself, a gear head. I know how to change oil.

Well, words can bite a person in the nice person if one is not ready for it, but I don't sweat it. I have made mistakes in the past, will make them again in the future, I am not perfect. Never said I was. What people read into, when they 'read between the lines' is up to them. I try my best to be as honest as I can, given the predatory nature of the internets. I try to be a man of my word, and if I can't hold up to exacting standards, then so be it. I did say, and I quote myself, that I would 'try' to always have a Hybrid.

I did not say that if a Mustang comes up that I can swap out for, for free, and get a check back, and thus fulfill my lifetime dream, then all bets are off. Maybe I should have.

I said it already: If Doc had always wanted a Lincoln Navigator and he made that clearly the reason he got it, and also, was clearly upfront about the horrible gas mileage, and all, then yeah, no problems here.

I have also said, that on this very board, others have had threads, comments, about their 'gas consuming cars' and I have never had anything negative to say about them. In fact, the one person here, and I forget his name right now, but his tag line reads something like 'My Prius is my gas hog' , that person has the right to slam everyone here, because he is doing more then us all.

I will thank you for your kind words, that were spread throughout your honest critique. And I will thank you for the other words as well.

8. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, yeah, that would have been nice, but to me, the 'classic' Mustang is the simple 6cyl. Stock on the outside at the very least, some mods (stereos and the like) inside. I have tricked out many a car in the past, but this one, this one I want to leave pretty much as is.

But thanks for the post!

Ugly? I am deeply wounded! (Joking, joking for all those who can't read the smile in my words). I think it's pretty. It's not like other colors. My wife loves the color. She is happier with the car then I thought she would be. BTW: She drives the Prius, and it's a good thing, since she has the lead foot in the family.

When I lived in South Florida, I used to enjoy driving up and down A1A, with the ocean to my side, at night...it was a joy. Was it necessary? Nope. Not at all. But I loved it.

Driving, I am being reminded of, should be fun, at least every now and then.

Thanks for the post.

9. kazots

kazots LifesaBeach

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm glad you are a preacher, it is nice to know there are believers on PC. Did not mean to preach to you, but I guess I just heard a sermon on "idols" and got a little carried away.

10. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    So TJ, how far are you planning on taking the hypermiling?

11. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, as far as one can in this car. I notice I pulse and glide, slow down by gliding to more lights, not taking off as fast. That sort of thing.

12. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    OK I'm not out of here yet and I've calmed down a little bit. I do hope TJ enjoys his new stang and I hope soon with the right energy policy in place another discussion like this or the one between Doc and TJ will never have to take place.

But Dude a SUV that does 170 mph! :eek: Are you serious! I need somemore info on that one! LOL!

Peace TJ, hope that Orange Pumpkin carries you many miles but never to the repair shop so drive with care. :nod:

Wildkow

p.s. personally I think you should of got the big assed V8 if your going to go this way then go big or if'n this is not to heretical for a stang fan one of these. . .

13. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Here are some shots of the only thing I plan on really modding, which is the stock stereo.
    I upgraded the head unit (the main stereo), to a Kenwood DNX 5120, with a JL Audio sub (with custom built box) and JL mono Amp model A1200 .

It's not going to rattle you, with this bass, but you do know it's there. I might add a forward amp and perhaps better speakers in the future, but for now, they sound fine.

Attached Files:

14. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Ah, orange. Wish they made the Prius in a brighter color. I hate the modern subdued color palette car companies are using.

I don't miss the gas bill, but I sure do miss the vehicle:

[​IMG]

15. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Check this out!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. perryma

perryma New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I have loved two mustangs in my life. Light back end so be careful in the rain.

17. Neicy

Neicy Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XLE
    Try driving it in the snow! We used to have to put a bucket of sand in the trunk to get traction. Got stuck at a stop sign once and a nice guy gave me a push to get going on ice once. I still miss it though. It was the only other car I really loved until the Prius came along.

18. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Do you see what is there? It's part of a continuation of the Pony Package that the car could come with, so I am not 'modding' I am 'completing'.

That is what I am telling myself, anyway.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  20. SPEEDEAMON

SPEEDEAMON Professional Car Nut

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    What an interesting thread. Now I will add fuel to the fire. I too am a Mustang fan. I have owned this '65 Fastback for 12 years. It was my high school dream car. For those keen on the subject its a genuine K-code with matching numbers and mildly customized as a Shelby GT350 in disguise. I drive it once or so a month on weekends for spirited driving up the coast and through the canyons for about a half a gas-tanks worth. Don't ask about mpg. This is all about horsepower and torque. I compensate by driving the Prius and recycling and reducing power usage at home. We all need to be responsible for the environment but once in a while I like to have FUN.

Attached Files: