1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Meg Stabilizer Bar Review

Discussion in 'Prime Accessories and Modifications' started by will the engineer, Mar 25, 2019.

1. will the engineer

will the engineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi all,

So I've spent enough time with this product and I am ready to publish the review on the Meg Stabilizer Bars
    I've installed this product on a 2019 Prius Prime Advance.

I am aware there is another review about this product, so I decided to focus on the material selection and post process.

I've never heard of MEG nor had any idea what they were about. So I had to read about them on their FB link. I'll share it here too for ease. But anyways I am pleased with this product :)

https://www.facebook.com/MEGCORPTW

Attached Files:

#1 will the engineer, Mar 25, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
    James Chiu and MEG@TW like this.
  2. will the engineer

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Here are two pictures taken during installation at Media City Auto Repair

Attached Files:

3. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Pretty timely post. I was just putting the finishing touches on my MEG PS1 review video.

4. will the engineer

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Just saw the video. Your experience was exactly like mine!

I wonder if MEG will ever do a front/rear sway bar.

Because Daniel selected the correct material to create the bars I'm interested to see where they will go next.

TonyPSchaefer likes this.
  5. MEG@TW

MEG@TW Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thank you, will the engineer
    We are already working on sway bar project, will keep you posted.

will the engineer likes this.
  6. jb in NE

jb in NE Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    The cynic in me says this is a solution looking for a problem. I don't recall ever thinking "this Prime handles like a pig, perhaps $400 worth of metal crossbars will fix that problem."
    Any actual track data or measurements of torsional rigidity, track angles, roll centers, etc?

will the engineer likes this.
  7. will the engineer

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I wouldn't call it "handles like a pig" at all. this isnt a 60's buick. There's just a lot of springy-ness. It will cost Toyota more money to nit pick chassis response performance towards the non majority demographic. Check out Lean Manufacturing (they practically invented) you'll see quickly why Toyota left a lot on the table. If someone wants to...then the after market will take care of it. Like coil overs!

Back on track...thats what TRD is for. But its still not enough for people people like me.

And yes. I used strain gauges with a few assumptions. Other wise you are asking for a FEA analysis and that take up to a week and that is within a 5 to 10% error (actual measurments versus therotical measurments). Also depending on the GPU you have plays a huge role in duration. Like single precision or double precision anaylisis?

Strain gauges do not give out track angles and roll center is not needed for these calculations

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

#7 will the engineer, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    SFO likes this.
  8. will the engineer

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

the cynic in you is not totally wrong, the product has a price tag associated with it. But my review went into detail
    (to a point w/o losing people...i tried)

The grade of metal versus stock. The post process HT and CnC. The anodize process and per piece.

its not cheap. try to diy yourself. you'll see

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

#8 will the engineer, Mar 31, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  9. will the engineer

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Last response I swear! lol :)

If you are curious, this pdf is a good "cheat sheet" it doesn't go too into detail, but this was the behind the scenes calculations that I used

https://www.omega.com/faq/pressure/pdf/positioning.pdf

SFO and MEG@TW like this.
  10. will the engineer

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

Ron McNichol, your "so called engineer" in here awaiting here for your questions. And that comment about how I made claims and also said nothing - are you sure? I think I did quite a lot in order gather all that data ... check out the 2 pdf attached to this thread.

Just because you may have been bamboozled in the past with snake oil products, which ever single mechanic warns consumers about. Why are you using past examples too damn and judge a person and a product that is not a market a solution for you?
    Highly unusual childish behavior from an adult.

"Give me a theory that I will believe [...]" Well I'm your guy, that's my job to learn theory and apply it to the world. That's how I make my income.

I have messaged FB to review your belittling comment and flat out bullying. Yes Ron, your behavior is bullying. As unimaginable and protective and defensive you may be to justify your behavior.

I had to read your comment a couple of times, it seems you got caught up on the price and somehow this allowed you to justify your vengeance and spite as "doing good" possibility "being truthful"?.

Send a message to me or post a question here and I will answer. I'm not convinced you want theory, you are doing something else.

And about that dismissive and belittling childish behavior of yours. I remember people like you in High School who grouped up,singled out, and attacked people ... and laughed about it. :confused:

If the core of your hate is truly rooted from the products price tag to only later group up to justify spite ... how about you reach out to the owner? I'm sure he believes in this product, he might work out something with you.

You're too old to be acting like this. Take a step back and breath. Best of luck!

Attached Files:

#10 will the engineer, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  11. mistermojorizin

mistermojorizin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Did you ever produce a rear sway bar?

12. MEG@TW

MEG@TW Junior Member