1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Mel Gibson's antisemitic rant

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by larkinmj, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 31 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]295154[/snapback]</div>
    Schwarzenegger's on the top of mine.

2. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasidetraveler @ Jul 31 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]295160[/snapback]</div>
    Oh wow! The only way it could possibly be "worse" (and I'm kidding here not being a jerk!) is if you were a self-hater and mulatto!

3. Ron Dupuy

Ron Dupuy New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    So Mel's a jerk, so what? Ther're a zillion bigots out there and I don't like any of them. Give him a ticket for drunk driving and don't go see his next movie. As far as what he said, it is not against the law to be an donkey. Yet.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Jul 31 2006, 01:50 PM) [snapback]295225[/snapback]</div>
    On the contrary you show no respect at all. It's your opinion or nobody's opinion that's right.
    I completely see the point you're trying to make, but I clearly stated in my previous post that I don't think the standard for a movie star, director or whatever should be any different than it is for a BB poster.

If people aren't smart enough to make reasoned decisions about things without the Hollywood press then they won't be smart enough to make reasoned decisions based upon the 'facts' presented in those tabloids.

And the bigotry of thought that keeps the republicans and the church in the anti-gay political arena is much more of a concern to me than whether a staunch Catholic harbors anti-semite thoughts. But neither of those are responsible for the greater issues confronting the world today.

5. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  6. seasidetraveler

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Did anyone else notice that those who have replied to this post, and that have their car as the avatar- they are all seaside pearl in color? ODD!

7. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seasidetraveler @ Jul 31 2006, 06:13 PM) [snapback]295361[/snapback]</div>
    Well, imagine if a drunk celebrity ranted against drivers of seaside pearl colored automobiles!

8. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Once again, South Park is prophetic.

9. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

Just another Raciest Christian bigot.
    Water off a ducks back.

10. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 31 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]295284[/snapback]</div>
    Is an faithful observer of Sharia law bigoted against a person who believes holding a womens hand in public is ok?

You define bigoted from your perspective. Are you bigoted against a person who wants to marry 10 women if they are all willing. There are multiple examples I could plow through.

And I will continue to disagree with you about a person like Mr. Gibson being similar to any plain Jane - the same way I hold sports stars to a different standard or the President - people who attract the attention of MILLIONS of people because of who they are or how they can influence others. On this we will forever disagree. I am very concerned about people who are not yet mature enough to make the differentiation themselves (as you do that in the utter most distillation Mr. Gibson is no different that Plain Jane) that CAN BE influenced by him and those that hold similar positions in life, can be influenced by him whereas Plain Jane can only influence those in her immediate vicinity. So on this we will again forever disagree --- this is why there should be a larger outcry about his anti-Semetism than if Plain Jane had done the same thing.

And my opinion, in my opinion, is always the correct opinion - if I wanted yours I would give it to you :D

11. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

Can't anyone find a way to tie this to President Bush. Everything truely comes down to being his fault, and it's always because he wants to steal oil from someone.

I would have thought if any group could pin this on Bush, it would be here.. Come on people, try harder!!

12. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Aug 1 2006, 08:39 AM) [snapback]295625[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry! :mellow: I thought that was a given? :)

13. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Aug 1 2006, 08:39 AM) [snapback]295625[/snapback]</div>
    Easy:

If algore or johnkerry were president Hezbollah would be granted similar status as the PLO/arafart was by billclinton (the most grequent visitor to the white house).

Hezbollah would have had carte blance to do whatever whenever and Israel would be forced to settle any and all disputes with its enemies no matter what the short term costs.

After 8 years of continuous occupancy of the White House by the Dems, Israel would be unable to defend itself and if it could it would not be allowed to. The separation wall would not be built and the homocide bombings would be continuing unabated satisfying the Palestinains blood lust.

Concurrent with that...

Hezbollah by now would be nuclear armed after Iran had worked out a similar agreement with the algore/johnkerry White House as the North Koreans worked out with the billclinton administration - allowing Iran to become a nuclear power near the end of the first algore term. Possessing a nuclear weapon would obviate the need for them to cross the border and kill and kidnap Israeli soldiers. This being true the current war would not be going on.

And

by this time, Iran would have produced 20-30 nuclear weapons - they launched a first strike against Israel whose Arrow anti-missile missile intercepted 80% of the missiles fired - this allowed several nuclear weapons to detonate sending an EMP across all of Israel disabling the remainder of the defenses leaving them open to the following wave of nuclear tipped missiles which destroyed all of Israel; the remaining Jews were slaughted by the Palestinians.

After Israel was destroyed, the Democratic controlled white house, senate and congress were forced to negotiate with the mullahs who insisted on the abolishment of AIPAC and other Jewish lobbying groups in a return for a promise not to attack the U.S.

With Israel being wiped off the map and the Jews in the United States without any governmental lobbying organizations the Jews could no longer be responsible for all the worlds wars or ills. Mr Gibson would never have gotten drunk to wash away his depression related to his perceptions of the Jews being responsible for all the evil in the world and would never had left his guard down allowing all of the world to see his true inner self.

Simple.

A hanging chad hung Mel Gibson :D Mr. Buch being elected President prevented what should have been from being. But Mel, wait a bit - if a Democrat wins the next Presidential election Iran for sure will go nuclear and your hopes revived.

14. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 1 2006, 09:59 AM) [snapback]295655[/snapback]</div>
    You like to blame all of the ills in the world on liberals, Democrats, and "algore." But Mel Gibson is a conservative Republican. He's your guy, not ours.

15. wstander

wstander New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Aug 1 2006, 05:39 AM) [snapback]295625[/snapback]</div>
    Well, of course <slapping forehead>, why did I not think of this before!!

Gibson is a drunk\Bush is a reformed drunk
    Gibson drives a gashog Lexus\Bush is an oilman
    Gibson is a Christian\Bush is a Christian
    Gibson's father is reviled by some groups\Bush's father is likewise reviled by some groups

Your turn:

16. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Aug 1 2006, 10:18 AM) [snapback]295661[/snapback]</div>
    I will make this real simple.

No anti-Semite is "my guy". Could not care what party he belongs to. And he is your guy if you support him regardless of his party affiliation - like that is important to anyone with higher cortical functioning.

And I am not a conservative republican.

And I am not blaming all the worlds ills on Democrats. Some of my favorite Presidents were Democrats - Truman being one of them. Kennedy was up there too. Both would lose today in any Democratic election - they were both pro-American security, pro tax cut, etc. They were more like Guilliani Republicans which is what I am closer to now. Also liked FDR - boy could he wage war - mistakes be damned - casualties be damned - kept his eye on the ball for the most part. All the great Democratic Presidents never hesitated to "pull the trigger" when they had to - none of them were appeasers (like clinton and north korea, the PLO, Pakistan, al-Qaeda and terrorism in general), none of them would ever have sat still after 9/11...

I miss the Scoop Jackson Democrats, even Hubert Humphrey types - they would all NOT fit in the current MoveON.org Democratic party -- witness what is happening to Joe Lieberman (a great time proven Democratic Senator) - the Democrats are self destructing - terrible sight, honestly.

But yes, liberals are responsible for a lot of the worlds current ills. Read todays Wall Street Journal - Front Page article on one of the Israeli mothers who started their Peace Now organization - left wing liberal peace loving war hating organizations that helped force Israel to withdraw from Lebanon 6 years ago. Read what she believes in now - very very eye opening for all those of liberal/pacifist leanings.

There is good and there is evil and there are times when they will meet - now is that time and liberals must wake up to that fact. Too bad liberals and pacifists do not exist in Muslim dominated countries.

17. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jul 31 2006, 04:18 PM) [snapback]295284[/snapback]</div>
    For the record I wanted to show you that even Mel Gibson agrees with me, the highlights are mine:

MEL SAYS SORRY TO THE JEWS
    Tue Aug 01 2006 11:10:45 ET

August 2, 2006 -- There is no excuse, nor should there be any tolerance, for anyone who thinks or expresses any kind of Anti-Semitic remark. I want to apologize specifically to everyone in the Jewish community for the vitriolic and harmful words that I said to a law enforcement officer the night I was arrested on a DUI charge.

I am a public person, and when I say something, either articulated and thought out, or blurted out in a moment of insanity, my words carry weight in the public arena. As a result, I must assume personal responsibility for my words and apologize directly to those who have been hurt and offended by those words.

The tenets of what I profess to believe necessitate that I exercise charity and tolerance as a way of life. Every human being is God’s child, and if I wish to honor my God I have to honor his children. But please know from my heart that I am not an anti-Semite. I am not a bigot. Hatred of any kind goes against my faith.

I’m not just asking for forgiveness. I would like to take it one step further, and meet with leaders in the Jewish community, with whom I can have a one on one discussion to discern the appropriate path for healing.

I have begun an ongoing program of recovery and what I am now realizing is that I cannot do it alone. I am in the process of understanding where those vicious words came from during that drunken display, and I am asking the Jewish community, whom I have personally offended, to help me on my journey through recovery. Again, I am reaching out to the Jewish community for its help. I know there will be many in that community who will want nothing to do with me, and that would be understandable. But I pray that that door is not forever closed.

This is not about a film. Nor is it about artistic license. This is about real life and recognizing the consequences hurtful words can have. It’s about existing in harmony in a world that seems to have gone mad.

END

18. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 1 2006, 12:28 PM) [snapback]295704[/snapback]</div>
    BFD!!!

Bush agrees with me on many issues too!

19. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 1 2006, 06:59 AM) [snapback]295655[/snapback]</div>
    My, my, your memory is short.

One of the least friendly U.S. administrations to Israel in recent memory was that of George Herbert Walker Bush, especially during the time that James A. Baker III served as his Secretary of State.

Bill Clinton was probably the most popular American presidents in the eyes of the Israeli public. His days as President are still fondly remembered by all Israelis save for the ultra nationalist settlers crowd.

By the way, what does any of this have to do with Mel Gibson?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Aug 1 2006, 09:28 AM) [snapback]295704[/snapback]</div>
    His words are certainly resonating with the usual suspects:

La Voz de Aztlan: MEL GIBSON: "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world"

20. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Aug 1 2006, 02:46 PM) [snapback]295796[/snapback]</div>
    I would remember if I could :rolleyes:

I dont remember Bush 41 holding Israels feet to the fire to make an agreement the way Clinton did. Neither did he withhold aid for stuff like building a wall to protect Israel from its homocidal neighbors. Clinton in fact can be looked upon as a facilitator to the current situation there - but that is just my opinion. And being popular is cute - not as important as being effective - which for sure he was not.

I am glad to see all the peace loving left wing nuts in Israel finally waking up - although there still are a few protesting for Hezbollah/Hamas - but then again there is always that radical few -