1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

metaphysics of waiting

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Bob Allen, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Is is possible that if enough people wait for Prii, a karmic force will be generated that will either increase the number of Priii in the universe or hasten the movement of those already in existence? As I remember, though, Godot never did appear in the two hours or so of Becket's play.
    Bob

2. bbridgewater

bbridgewater New Member

I think we Waiters will certainly test that theory, Captain! I alone have sent enough emotional angst over this to affect karma! I'm still patiently enduring (by "patiently" I mean with gritted teeth, chewed fingernails, dealership on speed dial, silent screams every time I put gas in the borrowed Chevy pickup I'm driving until I too experience the Prius Miracle...)

Waahh,
    Beth

3. jimvitz

jimvitz Junior Member

As I've said before, the probability that the random quantum fluctuations of the apparently empty space-time continuum will produce a silver BC '04 Prius in my garage is vanishingly small but not zero. If the universe lasts for an infinite amount of time it (and of course everything and anything else - including an '04 Prius with a moonroof, roof rack, self-parking option, rearview camera, fully fillable fuel bladder, etc.) is not only possible for this to happen, it must happen. Or, alternately, in a parallel universe, it has already happened (just not to me).

96 days (not yet an infinite amount of time - but it sure seems that way) and waiting... :(

4. tag

tag Senior Member

In such a universe, instead of waiting, wouldn't you actually owe someone a Prius?

5. jimvitz

jimvitz Junior Member

Sure, but in that universe, no one would want a Prius since the goal would be to produce a vehicle that got lousy gas mileage and polluted as much as possible, and car dealers would be thinking of creative ways to give you more money and force you to take more options for less cost.

6. tag

tag Senior Member

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

Okay, I've got it now! :lol:

No wait, give me a few more minutes..... [Broken External Image]:http://www.ubrf.org/forums/images/smilies/icon_beer.gif

7. stuhillman2004

stuhillman2004 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Maybe I'm just too practical (Physics major) so I bought a 2002 Prius in the interim to keep me entertained.