1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD Calibration

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by buggydude, Feb 2, 2016.

1. buggydude

buggydude New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Greetings fellow Prius owners:
    I have a 2011 with 130K amazingly satisfactory miles and am having trouble with the MFD. It seems my screen touches are suddenly off several inches so I'm unable to use any of the functions that are available through the screen. Does anyone know of anything "I" can do to resolve this issue?

2. Coqui

Coqui Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Here's a link that might be able to help to get you started. There's a video in there and in the last post there's another link with more info. While those are for older cars, I was able to access the menu the same way. I did the whole flashing the head lights three times thing, described in the video or link in the thread.

MFD Touch alignment calibration | PriusChat

Since the calibration is off, you'll have to play with where you touch in order to get into the calibration menu. If that doesn't help, unplugging the 12v battery for a few minutes might reset it, but you might lose some settings. I didn't lose my window settings or anything, radio settings didn't matter since my MFD didn't respond to touch at all. Unfortunately, none of the things explained in there worked for me, so I'm trying to figure out a good replacement. Here's a link for the battery.

12V Battery Replacement-- A Preemptive Strike | PriusChat

That's to replace it, so just unplug it for a few minutes and then plug it back in. If you do a search for "prius unplug 12v battery" you'll get some videos on youtube that could be helpful.

Good luck!

3. Larryy

Larryy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The calibration of my MFD went way off vertically to the point that I could not get to the calibration app in the menu. After trying all suggestions I got here and elsewhere on the internet, which all failed, I rolled the dice and spent $27 on a new digitizer from Amazon. After an hour or so I had replaced my old one and presto! It works perfectly! Now I can adjust the heat/cool again!

Mendel Leisk and ASRDogman like this.
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Could you provide details or link, thanks.