1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD daytime brightness adjust

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by summit123, Dec 15, 2012.

1. summit123

summit123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    A lot of people have been complaining about their MFD being too dim. My issue is that I find it too bright. Is there a SG code to activate the brightness adjustment roller even when the lights are not on?

2. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    With the lights out, if you turn the roller all the way down, the MFD dims.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I think there is a way to wire the light sensor so that the MFD will auto adjust to ambient light conditions. Search for the auto headlights thread. Though the modification involves taking your dashboard apart, so it requires some technical skills and isn't for the faint of heart.

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Here's the thread, kind of long, but lot's of information in it. Didn't provide the link earlier because I was on my first gen iPod Touch. ;)

Automatic Headlights | PriusChat

5. summit123

summit123 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    the roller definitely does not dim/lower the brightness when the lights are not on. I tried it again this afternoon and there was zero change in the brightness.

I unfortunately have retired from doing any more mods on my Prius, especially anything that will take more than 10 minutes. Stereo, speakers, sub, foglights, and HIDs have tired me out.

6. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    The MFD in both my 2011 and 2012 dimmed when I turned the roller all the way down, while the lights were out. Maybe the 2010 is different.

7. chronon

chronon Active Member

here and there aint be in frozen wasteland no mo..
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    mine is sererely dim/sucky contrast, age and non-use and .. ? but i see the screen replacements for $20 ... but most only fit on 06 and newer, was their a size increas between 05 and later ?