1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD no connection

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Martin T., Dec 8, 2021.

1. Martin T.

Martin T. New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----Australia----
    Hello, how are you i have been reading on many forums and could not find any solution yet. My car is prius 2004 i have changed battery cells and everything is working fine just one little thing. The mdf the display doesn’t show any info no temperature, no battery bars, no climate option, I thought the mdf is gone so I bought another used one didn’t work as well so I thought it might be also gone so i have bought another one but the issue still remains. Can someone help me I believe it might be something little but don’t know where to look.

2. Martin T.

Martin T. New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----Australia----
    Just forgot to mention the screen is on.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    idk much, were the second two correct part numbers? i assume you are buying used

PriusCamper likes this.
  4. Martin T.

Martin T. New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----Australia----
    All of them have number 86110-47081 the second numbers are different but the first is the most important i reckon.

Attached Files:

5. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You are correct on your first point, but on your second point you are incorrect, the second number is important and which one is correct depends on the trim level.

On your original question, you might have an issue with the combination meter or the gateway.

Do you have any diagnostic trouble codes to share? If you have scanned your car for any codes, now is the time.