1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD Not Recognizing Touch

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by brookespiker, Nov 18, 2020.

1. brookespiker

brookespiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My '08 Prius touch screen on my display is not recognizing my touch. I have messed with my buttons on my steering wheel to ensure I get heat (it's starting to get cold!), but I need this fixed, if I can, without having to take it to a shop and paying $300+ to get a new one. I appreciate any help/advice!!

2. Mycaleum

Mycaleum New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Your best bet, what I did with my 06, is to purchase a good used MFD from anywhere (Mine came from eBay) and remove and replace the bad unit. The removal and replacement is fairly straight forward and easily found via YouTube. Make sure the replacement MFD has the EXACT same button layout as your existing unit to ensure plug and play success.

brookespiker likes this.
  3. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    There are several models of MFDs. Some have 4 and some have 7 buttons. If the plan is to do a direct replacement, its very important to purchase a MFD which has an identical model number.

brookespiker and Mycaleum like this.