1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD Parking lines enabling

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Bence Vadnai, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Bence Vadnai

Bence Vadnai New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

I am an owner of a 2007 P2 with facelift MFD without IPA, but supports aftermarket (12v) camera.
    I bought a camera and willing to connect it but I found a video where you can adjust the guidelines over the camera picture.

I am wondering if I can enable the factory guidelines that can be adjusted to the bumper just like this:

If I need this feature do I need IPA module or something or is it enough to connect the reverse signal to the MFD connector?

2. Bence Vadnai

Bence Vadnai New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think I found the answer. And the answer is no. It doesn't work like that.
    It requires an IPA ECU module, which receives vehicle condition signals from various ECUs, makes guidelines based on calculations, combines the guidelines with video from the back monitor camera, and outputs the video with guidelines to the multi-display. Also, control signals are output to each ECU and the intelligent parking assist system's various controls are performed.

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, that's pretty much it. IPA does all the heavy lifting and without it you do not get any of that processing.