1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD possibly overheated and is stuck in boot loop

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ContainsJuice, Jun 24, 2020.

1. ContainsJuice

ContainsJuice Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    One
    A week ago my MFD decided to freeze, at first it was a second and all of a sudden it worked. After it froze again, turned the screen white and then turned black. The Toyota Logo popped up and it was fine. Then it froze again had a bleeding affect through the pixels and screen tearing. This would happen for the rest of my drive over and over again. The next day it worked totally fine no issues, then it hit the next day and hasn't really changed. I know the MFD at least works cause when it pops back I can click buttons and even the screen works. Its been well over 100 degrees here and I have tried multiple was to reduce heat in the car. I notice the mfd and screen get really hot and even when cooled it still doesnt work. I really don't want to buy a new one or used yet if there is a better option. I have taken it out and cleaned it with an alcohol swap to no avail. I also had a question about whether or not the 86110-47230 or non navi will work in my 47220 06 prius

Attached Files:

2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    deleted

#2 TMR-JWAP, Jun 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  3. ContainsJuice

ContainsJuice Junior Member