1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD purchase assistance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Eddie1989, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Eddie1989

Eddie1989 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hi folks,

I am new to Prius. I have 2008 toyota prius leather trim with backup camera no navigation 4 button MFD. Could anyone help me point a matching MFD I can buy off ebay. Dealer is wanting 12k for the part and plus service that he did not quote, because obviously I said no thanks

Touch screen is not working only 1 touch works screen setting I can touch but that is about it. I am attaching my part number that was pulled from VIN by toyota 86110-47210 - C0. I did not pull the MFD yet as I want to have one delivered before I start pulling

I shopped around I see one that has 86110-47210 but no C0 is that ok to buy. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I think the label on the back does not have the -C0 in the part number and that is from where the seller is probably taking the part number. There are no other models listed sans the -C0 so as long as it from a US source it should be ok.

3. alftoy

alftoy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    If its just the touch screen and the LCD is OK, just replace the touch screen for $20

Navigation Touch Screen Glass Digitizer For Lexus IS250 IS350 GS300 Toyota Prius | eBay

Another member has instructions to replace screen, also some youtube videos

06 Prius touch screen repair? | PriusChat

Touch Screen display MFD replacement FIX Toyota Prius DIY - Google Search

ydpplqbd likes this.
  4. Eddie1989

Eddie1989 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Thank you dolj, I appreciate it. The seller is on ebay from Texas and he said he does not see C0 but the rest matches. That is good to know

Thank you alftoy for references and links. I will watch them now to see if i am even capable of following instructions or if I trust myself. Thanks a lot this was very quick reply to my concerns