1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD Screen Glitching

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by StellathePrius, Sep 12, 2018.

1. StellathePrius

StellathePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I bought a used 2010 Prius in May and have been very happy with it except for the MFD screen acting up. When I turn the car on, all of the lights (warnings, etc. ) come on. The car does not let me drive until I turn it off and turn it on again and then it can be shifted into drive. None of the lights stay on. I recently had my oil changed and they reset the MFD screen so I would not get the 'oil maintenance required' message anymore. Now the screen is completely black and I can't get it to come back on. Any thoughts on what I could try with this? Specifically, the MPH/gas tank screen still works, but the Odometer/hybrid messages do not come on. The car dealership tried resetting it a bunch of times and it randomly worked but now the screen is black again.

Any help is appreciated!!

2. Hfabiani0127

Hfabiani0127 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Mine randomly comes on and off. You can buy the screen, take the car apart for a few hours and replace the screen. There is a utube video on how to add something to the motherboard, as they are doing with the newer generations. I'm hoping there is an easier way.

StellathePrius likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

start with the 12 volt health. if not that, you might need a new screen. check for extended warranty just in case.

#3 bisco, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    StellathePrius likes this.
  4. StellathePrius

StellathePrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi! Thanks for your response! Is the 12 volt health the battery? I am not very fluent in car-speak but want to be clear when I talk to the mechanic! Thanks!

5. pashko90

pashko90 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Do you mean radio/navi is glitching? What is number on front panel? E7022?