1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD touch screen not working

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by SLO Cat Wrangler, Oct 23, 2017.

1. SLO Cat Wrangler

SLO Cat Wrangler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi everyone. I have a 2008 Prius with 165k and the MFD screen still displays correctly. I can navigate and control all the functionality with the side buttons and the steering wheel controls but the touch screen isn't responding. I have cleaned it and every once in a while it will work for a short period.

Has anyone else had this issue? Do I need to replace the MFD?

2. Kevin_Denver

Kevin_Denver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Others have posted with problems with the touchscreen. While it may technically be repairable, the easiest solution is to replace the MFD. I think if you search on ebay you can find used, working ones for not too expensive (new factory replacement will be $$$$$). It's easy to replace yourself, just look on Youtube for tutorials on how to replace/install the CD player for the 2nd gen (you have to remove the MFD to install/replace a CD player). I've removed and reinstalled mine twice for this reason.

I believe you'll want to match MFDs for your Prius model Pre/Post refresh (2004-2006/7 or 2006/7 to 2009) and navigation/non-navigation. Others can confirm exactly what's compatible/not.