1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD touchscreen

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jkark, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(techogurl\";p=\"69519)</div>
    That would be awesome if it's possible. I hope he can get that to work. I'll be installing the stereo system from my old car which includes a P3 computer. I have a touchscreen for it, but it would seem kinda redundant for 2 screens in the Prius. I know I can get video to the Prius screen, but retaining touchscreen control would be great!

2. annaeus

annaeus New Member

damn i really would like to see this figured out, because it might affect my decision to buy a prius or not in the next couple months. I would really like to hookup the prius with a computer interface which will control my stereo and other devices that i might deem useful. Here is an example of what i would love to hookup: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16568
    Please post if anyone has managed to hookup a computer to the prius to work in unison with the already present prius computer which displays the gas mileage etc. I would really like to consolidate all of my devices to one touch screen, even if i would have to replace my touchsreeen to get it to work. thanks

3. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, if it comes down to it, i'll just get the motorized vga touchscreen and stick it in the 1 DIN slot below the stereo. Run cables as required, and I'm set!