1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD Unresponsive to touch

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Coqui, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Coqui

Coqui Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hey everyone.

I haven't posted here in a long time, just joined over a year ago while I was looking info into the Prius. Last year I was able to get a hold of a 2010 Prius, package 3 I think, for $13,000. It had about 73,000 miles on it and looked brand new. It has to be the best car I've owned. I had it checked up at the local Toyota dealer and was told it was in great condition, which it is. The only problem being the MFD stopped responding to touch, maybe about 6 months ago or so.

I had no problem living without it, since my car before was an 03 Ford Explorer Sport with nothing fancy. I just got around to play with the car a bit and unplugged the 12v battery just like it's been described here. All works fine, except the MFD, still unresponsive to touch. Obviously, I can't go into the recalibration menu. Is there anything else that can be done to fix this? And if not, can you recommend a replacement MFD?

I want to find a replacement that will be easy to install, preferably something that can just plug into any connections already in there and have it good to go, but I can handle something a bit more complicated. I don't care if it looks identical to the OEM MFD as long as it has a flush fit and looks good. If it has a higher resolution screen, that'd be great.

Thanks in advance!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    contact steve, at 'autobeyours'.

3. Coqui

Coqui Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius