1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

MFD Vertical misalignment

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Larryy, May 15, 2020.

1. Larryy

Larryy Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello All,

My 2007 Prius MFD is out of calibration vertically. By that, I mean that when I touch the screen, the touch point is about 1" lower than where I touch. It gets farther off the nearer to the top I touch but is correct near the bottom, most of the time. Recently it went so far off that touching the very top of the screen activated the buttons on the bottom. When it is like this, I cannot control the heat or A/C. I've tried going into the Diagnostics page (i.e. hold info, flash lights 3x, or press display and hit the two hidden buttons), but I can not hit the "MENU" on screen button due to the calibration of the touch screen being off so far vertically. I've read lots of MFD posts but none describe what I'm seeing.

Is there a way to get to the display calibration screen without having to hit the "MENU" button on the diagnostics "system check" page? Or, is there a way to reset calibration to a general beginning point and then calibrate?

Thanks!

SFO likes this.
  2. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Well that stinks! Apparently you've found the hidden screens, but it's too far out of alignment in the wrong direction.

I wonder if that can be adjusted with Techstream. I haven't tried it for that, but there's an awful lot that it can do.

3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Have you tried to see if the top wraps around to the bottom again? What I mean by that is touching near the bottom of the screen and moving upward maybe it will "hit" the Menu touch-button. If that works you can do the Display Check procedure at end of this post.

Other than that I have nothing else. I have read others with the same issue, but don't recall if any solutions have ever been posted.

This might be one time posting the error codes for the AVC-LAN screen might actually help.

I will note that there is an awful lot of "Replace Multi-display" solutions in the repair manual, but no symptoms like yours are mentioned.

If you do decide to replace the MFD, get the part number off the back and get the same part number replacement.

I prefer this method for getting into System Check Mode but if you use the other light switch one, you only need to switch to the park (side marker) position and it not necessary to switch it all the way to headlights on:

Prius Gen II Display Mode Check.png
    I acknowledge it might not work for you given the alignment issue, but whichever way you get into the Diagnostic Mode run the Touch Switch Check.

Select Menu then Display Check then Touch Switch Check as below:

Prius Gen II Disp Check Mode 1.png
    Prius Gen II Disp Check Mode 2.png

Good luck and let us know what solution you opt for.

#3 dolj, May 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
    Raytheeagle, jerrymildred and SFO like this.
  4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Agh! I'm kicking myself. I've solved similar problems on other touch displays that way and totally forgot about it. Thanks. That's absolutely worth trying.